People suffering from damages of blood pressure (blood pressure), especially hypertensive, it is necessary to control their own blood pressure. This will make it possible to monitor the effectiveness of the preparations taken to avoid hypertensive crises and other complications of the disease.
Since hypertension looked greatly over the past decades, healthy people to measure hell is recommended after 40 years with the aim of prevention.
Consider how to properly measure the pressure with a tonometer, what to choose a tonometer, how to correctly measure blood pressure, which is possible and what can not be done before taking pressure.
Types of tonometers
For measuring the pressure, 3 species tonometers are used: mechanical (manual), semi-automatic, automatic (electronic).
Measure the pressure automatic tonometer is convenient and easy, but the device must be constantly charged from the network or buy batteries to it.
The electronic tonometer measures in automatic mode: hesitates the air into the pear and displays the indicators on the screen. But, like any automation, it is too sensitive, requires particularly gentle circulation, easy breaks.
Measuring hell with a semi-automatic tonometer is also easy. Its difference from automatically in the fact that the air into the pear is injected manually, and the readings are analyzed in automatic mode, after which they are issued on the screen. Semi-automatic is cheaper at cost, not so sensitive, but requires the initial pressure measurement skills.
There are tonometers measuring pressure in the wrist area: they are easily fixed on the hand. But they, however, it is not recommended to use people with atherosclerosis.
Manual tonometer device
The mechanical tonometer consists of:
- Cuffs with a metal ring and tube;
- Pressure gauge with a dial under glass, some models have pockets for the cuffs behind the pressure gauge;
- blowing air pear with a wheel attached to it for the release of air;
- Stethoscope with binaural tube and hearing aid, tube and stethoscope head.
For the most accurate measurement, it is necessary not only to know how to measure the pressure to the instrument correctly, but also to prepare for this process.
- In the sitting position to accommodate the table, putting a hand on its surface so that the level of the fastened cuff is at the level of the heart.
- Wear and tightly fasten the cuff on the "Velcro" fastener. The lower edge of the cuff must exceed the elbow level by about 2-3 centimeters.
- The head of the stethoscope in the form of a metal disk is applied to the inside of the elbow, to the pulsating artery, to hold it.
- Insert hearing aids from a stethoscope.
- Before you start pumping the air to a pear, you need to make sure that the wheel, with which it is descended, is firmly swirled.
- To pump the cuff pear until the pressure gauge arrow crosses the mark of 200 mm Hg. Art. Hypertensive, the mark may be 220 mm Hg. Art.
- After swelling the cuff to the desired level to lower the air, unscrewing slowly specially intended for this wheel under pear, about 4 mm Hg. Art. / sec.
- Since the injected air in the cuff begins to put pressure on a large artery, the pulse is easily listened. It is necessary to notice in time, at what a marker of the pressure gauge was heard the first heart blow. To do this, you must simultaneously follow the dial and listen to the pulse. That is why people with hearing impairments are unlikely to be able to use a manual to measure blood pressure. The first blow is the value of the upper, systolic, pressure.
- Continue the measurement, gradually unscrewing the wheel.
- The last heard blow of the heart is the testimony of the lower, diastolic, blood pressure.
- Record measurement indicators through the fraction. For example, 120/80, where the first value is an indicator of the upper, the second digit is the lower blood pressure indicator.
- If there is a need for more accurate measurement, the manipulation is carried out several times, making a break for five minutes. You can measure hell on both hands. As a basis, take the result on the hand, on which the pressure was higher. With a three-time dimension, the arithmetic average of all data is calculated.
Typical errors performed when measuring pressure
To accurately remove the testimony of the tonometer, it is necessary to avoid typical errors that can affect the result:
- Before measuring blood pressure, it is impossible to worry: the pressure is measured in a relaxed state at least five minutes after any physical exertion.
- An hour before the procedure, it is not recommended to drink coffee, alcoholic or exciting energy drinks.
- You can not be distracted at this time: talk, move, chat with your feet. Breathing freely, without deep breaths or breathing delays.
- Sleeve rolling. If the sleeve sits tightly on hand, and the cloth's cloth fabric, the cuff is fixed directly on the fabric. You can not allow the raised sleeve to squeeze your hand, it will inevitably affect the result. If a person is going to the clinic, knowing that he will take pressure, it is worth putting on loose clothes or the one that can be easily removed at the doctor's reception.
- Too long cuff. When choosing a tonometer, you must pay attention to the length and width of the cuff. When fixing, it must be above the elbow by about 2-3 cm. Full people when buying, you need to pay attention to the width of the cuff at the instrument.
- Cuffs are loosely buttoned. In order for the measurements to be accurate, it is necessary to achieve a dense fit of the cuff to hand. If the patient felt that it was loosely fixed, it should be reported.
- The hand lies above the heart level or hanging in front of the table. The hand should be in a relaxed state, located at the heart level.
- Incorrect body position. In the pose sitting back climbs on the back of the chair, the legs stand in parallel. You can not hurt your back, put the leg to the leg or put them in the back. It is necessary to sit comfortably, closer to the back of the chair, and not on the edge.
- It is impossible to quickly lower the air from the pear wheel. If the air goes down quickly, the lower pressure will be lower than the real one.
- Frequent measurements. Pressure to measure the first two times with breaks of five minutes, and starting from the third to seven minutes. It is recommended to take testimony in the morning immediately after sleep and in the evening before bedtime. Hypotonized is especially important in the morning.
Other features of measuring hell
In addition to these errors, it is necessary to take into account the features of each organism. In some people, for example, in the elderly, the so-called white robe syndrome is observed when the pressure changes from one type of physician. At the same time, at home the pressure is one, and when visiting the polyclinic is completely different.
Of particular difficulty is the diagnosis of hypotension: the pressure in the hospital walls seems to be normal, and in fact it has improved hypotonik.
That is why after 40 years it is so important to monitor the house with a record in the diary. Especially if there are any signs of disadvantages characteristic of cardiovascular diseases. Home measuring hell will help the doctor to more accurately determine the degree of the disease, and not rely solely on hospital measurements in medical examination.
Approximate indicators of normal pressure
For each age characteristic of blood pressure:
- For 16-20 years, the norm is 100-120 / 70-80 mm RT. Art.
- For 20-40 years: 120-130 / 70-80 mm RT. Art.
- For 40-60 years: up to 140 / to 90 mm RT. Art.
- From 60 years and older: 150/90 mm Hg. Art.
How to measure the pressure manual (mechanical) tonometer Link to the main publication
A source: https://1cardiologic.ru/gipertoniya/kak-merit-davlenie-ruchnym-tonometrom.html.
How to measure pressure manual tonometer, mechanical and digital
Tonometer is a matter of essential in every home. It does not matter whether you suffer from hypotension or hypertension or damages of blood pressure do not bother you. Hell is one of the first reactions of our body to changes in its organs and systems or external stimuli. Consider in more detail how to measure pressure.
Pressure measurement rules
In pharmacies and stores with medical appliances, you can find a variety of measuring instruments.
Consider the main types of tonometers depending on their automation and configuration. :
- Mechanical (manual). The cuff (sleeve) in the instruments of this type is superimposed on the shoulder, pumped up with rubber pear. Tones are listened to the phononeoscope. The result is determined by the testimony of the manometer arrows.
- Auto. Cuff can have a different location of fixation. For example, there are models where it should be fixed on the wrist or even a finger. But in most cases the cuff is superimposed on the shoulder. Air is injected with a pneumocompressor. Data is displayed on the screen. In addition to pressure indicators, the device also counts the cardiac abbreviation frequency. This type of tonometer is most convenient to use.
- Semi-automatic. Differs from automatic models in that the air into the cuff is injected with a pear. The data is also displayed on the screen.
Select a mechanical tonometer
All types of pressure measurements have its advantages and cons :
- Mechanical instruments are used primarily by specialists - it is them that we see in clinics and hospitals. Despite the fact that many doctors trust them, such tonometers can still distort the testimony when some details wear out. Mechanical devices are easily repaired and inexpensive compared to automation and semi-automatic. The complexity may cause the fact that the accuracy of the result directly depends on the skills of working with the device. Before mapping, make sure that you know how to correctly measure pressure with a mechanical tonometer.
- Semi-automatic tonometers practically exclude the human factor, therefore are considered more accurate. But such devices require use skills. One of the advantages is an electronic scoreboard, which facilitates work with a tonometer to people with violations. Such a device is convenient to use even without third-party help.
- Automatic tonometers have a high cost. They also exclude errors that can make a person who does not know how to use the device, and are convenient when independently use. Despite this, many do not trust automation, considering that the compressor malfunction or the seed batteries can distort the result.
Equipment of a mechanical tonometer for measuring blood pressure
It can be concluded that any tonometer is able to work well. It is necessary to monitor the state of the device itself and change the batteries or repair on time. Of course, the practical experience of working with the device is also important.
To get the most accurate result, you need to know how to properly measure the pressure with a mechanical tonometer. Hell with a mechanical device is always measured on the shoulder artery.
Arterial pressure measurement has the following actions algorithm :
- Prepare a patient. To do this, hand free from clothes and have it in such a way that the palm is at the heart level.
- Fix the cuff at a distance of 2-4 cm from the elbow bend. It should sit tightly, but not to tighten it too.
- At the elbow artery grouch the pulse. Then the foundoscope is applied, fixing it under the cuff.
- Pear pumped air into the cuff. The phonenadoscope helps to follow the pulse. To pump air is needed to indicators on a scale of 40-50 units higher than the expected systolic pressure. Procedure for measuring blood pressure
- The sleeve is blown away. To do this, turn the shutter valve on the pear. To blow the cuff need gradually and slowly.
- While the air is descended, follow the manometer and listen to the occurrence of ripples. The first tone is "upper", systolic pressure. A marker on which pulsation stops, "lower" or diastolic pressure.
All models of tonometers have one function - the measurement of blood pressure. Each model copes perfectly with it, while having its advantages and disadvantages.
When choosing a device suitable for you, keep in mind some points :
- The presence of cardiovascular pathologies (in this case an automatic device is suitable, since it gives more information);
- Patient ability to measure hell alone;
- The age of the patient (with the age of the vessels lose elasticity, it requires greater accuracy of the device);
- Estimated frequency of use;
When measuring pressure, it is important to comply with the instructions.
How to measure the pressure to the kids?
Measuring blood pressure for early ages should be carried out using the cuffs of the corresponding sizes - its length should be ¾ distances from the axillary depression to the elbow. Fix the sleeve should be on the forearm. The phonenendoscope is applied to the inside of the elbow bend. Further actions completely repeat the algorithm for measuring the arterial pressure of an adult.
The use of a conventional cuff will lead to distortion of results. Most devices can easily disconnect the sleeve and temporarily connect another smaller size.
But still measuring pressure to children, and especially the kids of the first years of life, it is recommended in children's ambulatory.
You can pre-identify the blood pressure using the "adult" tonometer at home and report the result of the doctor, specifying that the appropriate device was not found.
Pressure indicators vary depending on the age, health status and other factors affecting the human body.
Human pressure: age indicators
In an adult healthy person, approximately the following indicators are considered the norm :
- up to 40 years - 125-130 / 80 in men, 120-125 / 80 in women;
- up to 50 years - 130-135 / 85 in men, 130-135 / 85 in women;
- up to 60 years - 139/85 in men, 139/85 in women;
- 70 years and older - 140/89 in men, 140/89 in women.
Children norm of systolic pressure can be calculated in this way. :
- Children up to a year - 76 + 2 x n (where n age is a child in months);
- Children older than a year - 90 + 2 x n (n in this case the number of full years).
Diastolic pressure is calculated as follows :
- Children up to a year - 2 / 3-1 / 2 from the upper boundary of the systolic pressure norm;
- Children older than a year - 60 + N.
In turn, the upper limit of the norm is determined so :
- systolic - 105 + N;
- diastolic - 75 + N.
Mechanical tonometer for measuring hell in a set
Bottom line :
- systolic - 75 + 2 x n;
- Diastolic - 45 + N.
Although there are adopted the norms of blood pressure, it is recommended to be repelled from their individual normal indicators, the so-called "working" pressure. To know your pressure, it is necessary to measure it at rest.
Who needs permanent pressure control?
Regular pressure measurement with a tonometer is necessary not only for patients with hyper- and hypotension, as well as elderly people. The body of adolescents during puberty undergoes a hormonal restructuring, which in most cases affects hell.
Pressure measurement is necessary in case of deterioration of well-being, in particular, the occurrence of such symptoms :
- Strong headache;
- Damage in the eyes;
- Flushing flies in front of the eyes;
- noise in ears;
- Pain in the heart.
How to measure pressure correctly if the device is not?
In case there is no tonometer, but you feel a pressure problem, you can make an approximate assessment on subjective features. :
- Pale complexion can talk about low pressure, and its redness - about high;
- Weakness and drowsiness indicate a low blood pressure, and the initiation and anxiety about high;
- Nasal bleeding is also most often a sign of increased blood pressure.
There are methods, allegedly allowing to measure pressure with the help of sweater, but their accuracy is questioned. If you felt bad, you need to find a tonometer as soon as possible. It can be occupied by the neighbors or measure the blood pressure in the clinic, some pharmacies also offer the opportunity to use the device.
Originally Posted 2018-04-02 16:26:47.
A source: https://davlenie.expert/info/kak-pravilno-merit-davlenie.
How to measure pressure with a mechanical tonometer to get accurate data
- Types of tonometers
- Rules for measuring
The most common instrument for measuring pressure is mechanical. So, how to correctly measure pressure with a mechanical tonometer?
Types of tonometers
Tonometer - instrument for measuring blood pressure. Distinguish mechanical, semi-automatic and automatic tonometers. Semi-automatic and automatic devices are easier to use, however, it is believed that the data obtained with their help have a greater error in comparison with the data obtained when applying a mechanical analogue.
The structure of the device:
- Pressure gauge - instrument showing the level of air pressure in the pneumocamera.
- Cuff - adjustable tissue sleeve, which is put on wrist, shoulder or thigh. Inside the sleeve is stitching a hollow camera, which is pumped with air. The length of the pneumocamera should be at least 80% of the grasp of the limb on which measurements are made.
- Hoses with a number two or one, with which the pressure gauge is connected to the cuff. The design of the mechanical instrument involves the presence of 1 or 2 hoses, the cuffling automatic machine does not have hoses at all.
- Rubber pear, supplemented by an adjustable valve and serving for injection of air into a pneumatic chamber.
Rules for measuring
In order to measure blood pressure, the tonometer itself will be required, as well as a phononendoscope (stethoscope). The phonenadoscope is needed to listen to the cordial tones according to the Korotkov method.
How to measure pressure? It is impossible to neglect preparation for visiting the therapist: within one or two hours before measuring the pressure, the mechanical tonometer should be refracted from smoking, using tonic drinks (tea, coffee) and alcohol-containing products, emotional or physical stress, the use of drugs affecting sympathetic The nervous system (to such medicines are among other drops for eyes and for the nose).
A comfortable temperature should be maintained in the doctor's room or office. Sleeping clothes should be removed. You can not roll the sleeve, forming a roller (the fabric can put on the shoulder artery).
- Sit on the chair, arrange your hand on the table so that the forearm, the elbow joint and the bottom of the shoulder is at the level of the heart muscle. Muscles hands are relaxed. The limb is fixed, slightly bent in the elbow joint. Usually, the measurement is carried out on a non-working hand (in right-handers on the left). The lower limbs are located freely, are not crossed. The back is pressed to the back of the chair.
- To put on the cuff: the lower edge should be 20-25 mm above the level of the elbow fossa. Fix the fastener clasp cuff so that it fits tightly shoulder, but did not press (under a fastened cuff can be placed a finger). It should be borne in mind that the mechanical device is equipped with cuffs of different sizes differing in length and width. There is a cuff for newborns, three types of cuffs for children and three sizes - for adults. To correctly measure the pressure, you need to pick up your size.
- The shoulder artery is detected by characteristic pulsation at the level of the elbow pumme. Over this vessel, it is necessary to arrange the head of the phonenadoscope and fix it with her fingers. If the procedure is performed independently, the head is fixed by the bottom edge of the cuffs, but this location can lead to measurement errors.
- With pear, pump the pneumatic casing of the cuff to 200-210 mm Hg. Art., stop pumping air.
- Open the valve, slowly releasing air. Every second, the testimony of the pressure gauge should decrease by 2-3 mm Hg.
- A man measuring pressure closely monitors the scale and is waiting for the first distinguishable ripple. This value indicates systolic pressure. Over time, the sound subsides, and the last distinguishable sound oscillation corresponds to diastolic pressure.
Repeat the procedure with the opposite side according to the described method. If you need to repeat the procedure on the hand, on which the measurement was performed, the gap is withstanding for about 5 minutes. If the numbers obtained differ by 5 mm RT. Art., the average value is calculated.
Possible measurement errors may occur for the following reasons:
- The use of the device whose cuff is not suitable for the size of the patient;
- The cuff is fastened too tight;
- Ignoring the need to adapt the patient to the setting of the medical office;
- excessively high pressure reduction rate inside the pneumocamera;
- The limb is incorrectly in relation to the heart muscle;
- Measurements are made only on one limb;
- The presence of age-related arterial changes (characteristic of persons from 65 years old) or pathological conditions affecting the state of vessels (diabetes).
ERROR, GROUP DOES NOT EXIST! Check Your Syntax! (ID: 4)
Tell your friends! I have questions? Use the search!
A source: https://gipertonia.live/otvety/kak-pravilno-merit-davlenie-mehanicheskim-Tonometrom/
Algorithm of pressure measurement mechanical tonometer
Today, instruments for measuring blood pressure - tonometers - there are almost every house, which is associated with the widespread diseases of the heart and blood vessels. These states require constant monitoring. Health control at home is the key to successful anticipation.
There are several types of devices: mechanical, semi-automatic, automatic. They differ in terms of cost and instructions for use. The most reliable to assess blood pressure is a mechanical tonometer, as it allows you to mostly and accurately measure the upper and lower indicators.
In automated devices, there is always a risk of error, especially with non-compliance with special requirements for tonometry procedure.
Preparation for measurement
In order for the results of the study to be as true as possible and accurate, a small preparation is necessary. Conduct the first measurement correctly in the morning, immediately after waking up, since it is these hours, especially in old age, are characterized by the danger of sharp jumps of indicators.
For the procedure, you need to choose an approximate time and stick it every day, because then the assessment will be the most accurate. Tonometry is carried out in the sitting position, in a relaxed state.
Before conducting research, it is impossible to be nervous or thinking about future matters, since stress and disturbing thoughts that contribute to the manifestation of arrhythmias change pressure indicators. It is better to measure the measurements on both hands, as this will help identify the development of sclerotic changes of the vessels.
Evening procedure should also be carried out in a calm state, after receiving all medicines. Manual toneometry gives more accurate results than automated.
Learning to produce research is not as difficult. It is important to comply with a certain algorithm of actions. The instruction below will tell you how to properly measure the pressure manual tonometer:
- The hand on which the procedure will be made is placed in a steady position at about the chest level.
- The cuff is put on the hand above the elbow and fixes.
- Olives foundoscope are inserted into the ears, and the membrane is put on the hand above the cuff.
- Before conducting the procedure, it is necessary to look at the screen and make sure that zero is displayed on it.
- The valve is closed and with a pear, by means of rhythmic pressures, air is injected into the cuff to the value above normal pressure indicators.
- Pumping stops after reaching the digit arrow 170-200. Then you need to gradually open the air vent and listen carefully to fix the first push of the blood. The number on the device corresponding to this impact is systolic pressure.
- When the tones of the heart stop listening to the phonenendoscope, it is required to note the diastolic indicator.
- At the end of the procedure from the cuff, the air is descended, the device is removed from the hand.
During the procedure, it is impossible to keep legs crossed. A common error is a stressful position of the hand, since the work of the muscles seriously affects the reliability of the indicators. The air tube in the cuff is in the correct position if it passes along the inner surface of the forearm. In case of tonometry, it is impossible to talk and perform sharp movements.
In medicine, a 120/80 mm Hg is adopted as a normal. Art. However, this value for each person individually. The systolic pressure in the intervals from 100 to 130 is considered physiological, and the diastolic - from 70 to 90. Regular measurements allow to determine the norms of indicators in each case.
(While no estimates) Loading ...
A source: http://sosudinfo.com/pressure/tonometr-mehanicheskogo-Tipa.html.
How to measure pressure with a mechanical tonometer: actions algorithm
Modern people are stronger than the pathologies of the heart and vessels compared to living in previous centuries.
It is important to have an idea how to correct the pressure with a mechanical tonometer, since today it is the most accurate, common and affordable device.
Problems of hypertension and hypotension occupy a leading position among diseases around the world, so you know how to correct the pressure with a mechanical tonometer is especially important.
Types of blood pressure meters
To monitor pressure, both in everyday life and hospitals use various variations of one medical device:
- mechanical pressure meters;
- mercury devices;
- electronic automatic devices;
- semiautomatic tonometers;
- Electronic models on the wrist.
Tonometer Mechanical - the most accurate device capable of measuring blood pressure. Its values are reflected in standard uniform units of measurement - it is millimeters, or rather, millimeters of a mercury pillar, which is briefly denoted by "MM H RT.st.".
Pressure measurement with a mechanical tonometer is a fairly simple procedure, although it requires some concentration of attention. For this, the Korotkov method is used. It allows you to accurately determine the pressure indicators, although it requires compliance with all the necessary conditions to obtain a right result.
In fact, there can be a procedure absolutely each. Only a special device and, naturally, the patient will be required. Actions are extremely simple, but require the concentration of attention to obtaining the result.
All persons susceptible to vascular heart diseases or already suffering, it is simply necessary to purchase their own apparatus and know all the rules of how to measure pressure with a mechanical tonometer with maximum accuracy. Purchase your own device for measuring blood pressure by means of any reasonable prices for such devices.
Algorithm of action
How to measure the pressure by electronic tonometers, probably absolutely everything. It is enough to fulfill such conditions:
- Proper to wear a special cuff;
- Press the button on the machine;
- wait for a sound signal that informs the completion of the procedure;
- Remove the readings from a special monitor on the instrument and remove the device.
But with how to properly measure the blood pressure using a mechanical tonometer, it is already a little more difficult, because for this person it is worth preparing in advance (only if it is not in a state of chisosis when helping is required to provide operational).
Many problems and inaccuracies occur only due to the fact that the population does not know how to measure blood pressure with a mechanical tonometer. To prepare the patient, it is worth a pre-conducting a sequence of preparatory actions:
- get rid of the gulling torsion and hands of clothes;
- Visit the toilet for emptying the bladder;
- For a short period of time, refuse to use tobacco products and caffeine-containing products;
- take a convenient position;
- Lower the relaxed hand, on which the pressure is measured, on the table, pre-slander it.
After fulfilling all the recommendations, you can directly begin the procedure itself.
- Burn your hand, that is, roll the sleeve so that it does not compress or squeezing. The elbow must be in a bent position.
- To put on the cuff and fix it by 2-3 centimeters above the elbow so that it is located about the same level with the heart and not too tightly adjacent.
- On the bending of the elbow, lay the phonenadoscope and hold it with two fingers on the shoulder artery. It lies on the inside of the elbow and is noticeable in pronounced ripples.
- The side of the pear is a screw that needs to be tightly spinning until it stops, and then pump air into the cuff to about up to about 200 mm Hg.
- Stop pumping the air and slightly smooth the airbase valve for air release: the pressure level in the cuff should not fall in a second more than 2-3 mm.
- Fully focus on listening to pulse blows and parallel to monitor the pressure level on the scale.
The readings of the device at the first strike indicate the testimony of systolic pressure. The sound must gradually serve until complete silence. The moment of the last audible impact is a diastolic pressure indicator.
When it is necessary to measure the blood pressure to yourself, it is necessary to make absolutely the same actions, only the phononendoscope must not keep with hand, but to secure under the sleeve.
Air pump is necessarily carried out only by an unoccupied hand, because the second should be relaxed.
For greater accuracy of the result obtained, experts recommend to repeat the procedure from about three to five times with interruptions of 5-7 minutes, and then calculate the mean arithmetic testimony.
It is easy to define hell to independently, it is enough to know how to measure pressure correctly. The algorithm itself is simple, but requires a limit concentration, because the accuracy of the results obtained depends on care. When determining the boundaries of the upper and lower pressure using a mechanical tonometer, pretty acute hearing is required and good attentiveness.
It is possible to even independently measure the pressure. It is necessary to act on the same principle as if the hell is determined by others. In essence, the most important thing is to be familiar with the principle of operation of a mechanical tonometer and understand the algorithm of action during the procedure.
A source: https://nashedavlenie.ru/merit/kak-pravilno-mexanicheskim-Tonometrom.html.
How to properly measure blood pressure with a mechanical tonometer?
The main cardiac surgery of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation declares: "Hypertension is not a sentence. The disease is really dangerous, but you can fight it and you need. Science stepped forward and Medications appeared that eliminate the causes of the development of hypertension, and not only its consequences. Just just ... Read Article >>
Doctors know, and patients will be interested to know that in order to control blood pressure, they use the N. S. Korkov method, which has been consistent for more than 100 years.
Others became only instruments called tonometers, but the measurement of hell according to the Korotkov method remains the same. The tonometer is a special device by which blood pressure is measured. These devices are mechanical and electronic: semi-automatic and automatic.
The latter two use is simple, mechanical harder, but it gives more reliable results.
Instrument for pressure control
Manual tonometers consist of a pressure gauge with a dial, pears (supercharger) for pumping air and cuff. Despite the presence of more modern pressure meters, doctors prefer to use a manual device, as more reliable: - not so quickly breaks, - it does not depend on the battery,
- With proper use, it gives fairly accurate results.
Patients also need to know how to use a mechanical tonometer, because it is one of the most convenient way at home to control the blood pressure.
Learn how a stethoscope can help determine blood pressure.
By doing it on its own and not knowing how to measure it correctly, they often violate the technique and receive incorrect results, and then unreasonably take anti-hypotensive drugs. There are certain rules how to measure pressure manual tonometer to get accurate numbers.
Subtleties of the measurement procedure
What nuances need to take into account to correctly measure pressure?
- Before the procedure began at least 5 minutes, a person needs to be in a comfortable setting, relax, calm down.
- Do not take food, the more not smoking, as well as avoid physical exertion of any kind half an hour before the procedure.
- The bladder should be emptied.
- Measure the pressure should be twice on both hands in the sitting position, lying or standing. At the same time, it is necessary to make a 3-5 minute break before repeated measurements so that the vessels are recovered after their squeezing of the cuff (this time is approximate and depends on the age of a person, for example, the elderly pause can reach about 10-15 minutes - everything is individually).
- To ensure that the legs are not crossed, the spin had a support, the hand was comfortable and was relaxed, and the cuff on it was on the same level with a heart.
- Remember, the pressure is measured on the same hand (as a rule, it is left hand).
- With regular pressure measurement, perform it at the same time of the day, in equal conditions, since blood pressure changes throughout the day. The most suitable time for measuring hell is morning (immediately after sleep), and evening (before dinner)
It is possible that such conditions will not everyone agrees, though in order to correctly measure blood pressure, it is necessary to strive to fulfill at least part of these items: it is convenient to put or sit down a person, to take into account the influencing factors in the form of a break or dense dinner, the state of "renumbered", "Only What swallowed the tablet ", etc. Since all these factors may affect the measurement result.
Pressure jumps every time colossal overload of the heart muscle, which sooner or later end with a heart stop. Roughly speaking, each time heightened pressure leads to a heart overload of 10-20 times.
If we talk about the finals of the development of the disease, then Hypertension always leads to the same result - to death . However, if you allocate it precisely as a key cause of the death of a person, this happens in 89% of cases. That is, in 89% of the situations of hypertension ends with infarction or stroke and human death.
At the same time, if another 20-30 years ago, patients with such a diagnosis was a good chance to live for 10-20 years, now approximately 2/3 (two thirds) patients dies during the first five years of the development of the disease. Especially terrible is the fact that the mass of people do not suspect at all that they have hypertension.
And they miss the opportunity to fix something, simply committed themselves to death.
In 2016, in the Scientific and Practical Center for Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, which is part of the State Research Center for Preventive Medicine, clinical trials of the drug of a new generation created to combat hypertension are successfully completed. The press service of the Institute unveiled the following: Read Article >>
Algorithm for conducting procedure
And these are not all subtleties. Find out how to measure blood pressure with a mechanical tonometer will help the algorithm of actions. This order is simple:
Algorithm for conducting procedure
In the case of high measurement indicators, repeat 2 times with an interval of 3 minutes, if they are confirmed, you need to contact the doctor.
This algorithm gives a clear understanding how to measure pressure with a mechanical tonometer. The bent air into the cuff, you need to follow the pulse on the radial artery.
Pressure in the cuffs increases a little longer than the moment of calming the pulse.
When pumping air into the cuff should be very careful and preventing the cuff is pumping longer than it is required, since the pressure stops the blood flow in the hand.
The need to control pressure
Knowing how to measure the pressure correctly, you can control your own state. For those who suffer hypertension, this is especially important.
Scientists have come to the belief that the measurement of the blood pressure with a manual tonometer gives an approximately 10% error. However, the availability and simplicity of the method takes effect this inaccuracy, especially since the measurements are usually done more than once, which reduces the error.
Before doubting the accuracy of a manual tonometer, you should make sure that the measurement process is performed correctly, most likely the problem is not in the device, but in the errors allowed in the measurement procedure.
It should also be convinced that the phonenadoscope, which is applied to the man's hand, is in good condition: the ear tips are clean and normally spend the sound, the head, not damaged, the tube is not too long, otherwise the sound will be poorly transmitted.
Is it possible to cure hypertension? We recommend reading the interviews Leo Bokeria, the Soviet and Russian cardiac surgeon, about modern methods of treating hypertension ... Read article >>
A source: http://davleniegood.ru/izmerenie-ad/kak-pravilno-izmerit-arterialnoe-davlenie-mexanicheskim-Tonometrom.html.
Modern society suffers from hypertension symptoms. Hypertension is a violation of the body, as a result of increasing blood pressure. Influence such drops can change weather, emotional overvoltage, stress, decimer change. A person should be able to independently determine the condition of his pressure. Therefore, it is so important to be competent in the question of how to measure pressure with a manual tonometer.
Many people think that it is vital to know their working pressure, in which a person feels perfectly and can carry out any kind of activity. This is a very common mistake, since in most cases you need to strive to normalize the level of blood pressure. The exception is the elderly people who are recommended to reduce the pressure to 150/90 mm Hg. Art.
Expert portal. The doctor of the highest category Taras Nevelichuk.
Many doctors advise their patients with hypertension to lead an ordinary diary. Only instead of the usual recordings, a person should make data from his blood pressure (AD), after its daily measurement. With this diary, your attending physician will be able to control the effectiveness of the appointed therapy.
Pressure is measured twice a day:
- In the morning, immediately after waking up, until the first meal;
- In the evening, after the adoption of medicines.
Tonometers are used to measure pressure. They are a small device that allows you to accurately determine human blood pressure.
Types of tonometers
Initially, it is worth noting that the device with which you can easily measure the blood pressure happens a few species:
- Mechanical tonometer. This apparatus is a kit comprising a velcro cuff with a pneumatic chamber, a pressure gauge, a connecting hose and a rubber pear with a spinning valve. Additionally, a stethoscope is used.
- Semi-automatic tonometer. To measure blood, it is necessary to ensure air supply in the pneumocamera. This happens when the rubber pear is squeezed with hand brushes. This device differs from the first in the fact that all information about the level level is highlighted on the display. Thus, a person needs only to pump the cuff pear, the rest of the device will make himself. Advertisors are determined using an oscillometric method. The semi-automatic tonometer functions using a battery or battery.
- Automatic tonometers. The most modern device for measuring blood pressure. Air supply manually no longer required. All you need to patient - put the cuff a little higher than the elbow fold and start the device. The device will independently measure the pressure, and the result obtained will display on the instrument screen.
To date, all three types of tonometers are used. In many pharmacies, automatic tonometers are used, with the help of which anyone can find out the indicators of their hell. They are simple, convenient to use, and at the same time a person does not arise a question how to measure the pressure with a tonometer.
However, in medical institutions, a larger preference is given to a mechanical tonometer. It has many advantages: it does not break, does not require batteries and batteries. And most importantly, the hell exactly determines human blood pressure.
Pressure measurement preparation
Very often measuring blood pressure even with such a reliable tonometer as mechanical, discrepancies between the resulting result and general condition of the person are observed. This may be caused by improper preparation of the patient to this procedure.
Proper pressure measurement with a mechanical tonometer requires compliance with the following recommendations:
- The patient must be in a state of full rest (10-15 minutes before the start of pressure measurement);
- It is impossible to eat coffee and alcohol before the procedure;
- Refuse cigarettes (1-2 hours);
- Refrain from meals (20-30 minutes).
How to measure pressure with a mechanical tonometer:
- Take a seitoring position (for this sofa or chair is suitable).
- Fall with your back on the back of the chair, and your feet up to the floor (it is not recommended to cross them, pour, throw on each other, etc.).
- The left hand is freed from clothes, put on the table or on any other smooth surface. The main thing is that it is not a canopy.
- Open the cuff, shove your hand into it and secure a little higher (by 2-3 cm) of the elbow bend.
- Part of the stethoscope in the form of a small metal disk attach to the inside of the elbow bending. It is important that in this place it is clearly felt by the pulsating artery.
- If you spend this procedure for the first time and do not quite understand how to correctly measure the pressure with a mechanical tonometer, then for a start, click the pulse with your fingers. For the future you will already know exactly where to apply the metal part of the stethoscope.
- After that insert the hearing apparatus of the stethoscope in the ears.
- Make sure that the wheel to shut the air on the pear is tightly closed.
- Position the rubber pear of the tonometer in the brush and start manually carrying out air. The arrow on the dial will start moving. After it comes to a 200-220 mm mark. RT. Art., stop compressing a pear and slowly start spinning wheel. The air should go slowly, about 4 mm Hg. Art. per second.
- As the air goes down, you must hear the pulse. The figure on which the arrow will be at first shock is your systolic pressure (i.e. the upper). Pulse will be heard for some time. The value on which the arrow will be with the last strike is your diastolic blood pressure (i.e. the bottom).
- Measure hell on the other hand. For reliable, consider higher values. In the future, measure the pressure on the hand where it is higher.
- Both results obtained need to record or remember.
In general, this process will take you a few minutes. This procedure must be carried out daily by fixing the data obtained. Thus, it is possible to determine the average indicators of their upper and lower pressure.
Below is a list of the most common errors that can lead to an incorrect result after measuring blood pressure, and in consequence to an erroneous diagnosis:
- Incorrect preparation for measuring blood pressure. It is very important not to load the body by physical exertion before the procedure (including fast hiking and light jogging).
- Running sleeves. In this case, the wrapped fabric squeezes the hand, overlapping the natural blood circulation, which will lead to an incorrect result. The best solution will be in advance to wear a T-shirt or a sweatshirt with short sleeves. But if you have already come to a medical institution with a long sleeve, you can simply pull out your hand out of it.
- Unsalted cuff. It is important that the size of the tonometer cuff coincides with the girth of your hand. When measuring hell, it should make a hand tightly and not slip.
- Hand location. Your hand should be on the horizontal surface, approximately one level with a heart. It is unacceptable that she hung or strained. This will give a false result.
We hope that this information will help you deal with the question of how to measure the pressure with a mechanical tonometer. It is enough to conduct a procedure several times independently or apply the resulting theoretical knowledge on your close person. You will succeed!
It shows quite accurate results and is inexpensive, but it is more complicated to use such a device than semi-automatic and automatic. Solve this problem can search for information on the Internet or visit to a doctor who will tell how to properly measure blood pressure with a mechanical type of tonometer.
Principle of action of the device
The device for measuring blood pressure, regardless of whether it is mechanical or automatic, works on one principle, namely:
- Wear a cuff.
- It is pumped into the air to compress the artery.
- The air is gradually removed from the cuff and the first pulse blow is fixed, which is the upper blood pressure (systolic).
- The last blow shows the lower (diastolic) blood pressure.
The magnitude between the upper and lower indicator is pulse pressure. Such a principle employs all modern semi-automatic, automatic and mechanical tonometers.
Sometimes the tonometer shows different pressure on the right and left hand. If the difference does not exceed 15 units, it is usually nothing to worry about, but when it is more than this indicator, then you need to be examined.
Differences in pressure may be caused by failures in the operation of internal organs, ICC, diseases of the cardiovascular system, as well as banal stress and overwork. A small increase in the indicators on the left hand, especially if the left-handed person is allowed due to the nutrition of this limb the most aorta.
To understand how to correctly measure the pressure yourself, you need to get acquainted in more detail with the features of the selected device. It is equally important to explore the rules that must be followed to obtain accurate data.
Features of the mechanical instrument to define hell
According to one principle of action it is difficult to understand how to choose a tonometer for measuring pressure, so specialists advise to study the features of each model. The mechanical type of the instrument is a set of tubes connecting the pear that pumps the air and descends it, with a cuff, squeezing artery. Even the best models of this type are fairly cheap, but to measure pressure, you will have to additionally take a stethoscope. It is applied to the artery to hear the first and last blow. The mechanical tonometer is often sold together with a stethoscope, so before buying it is desirable to learn about this nuance.
The measurement of blood pressure requires accuracy and professional skills, therefore not every type of device will fit a newcomer. Mechanical tonometers can show the most truthful results and with proper use do not actually have errors. However, if you give such a measuring device in fairness, or a person with poor eyesight and hearing, then the indicators may not be quite accurate. That is why before buying a mechanical device, you need to take into account the possible human factor, since it is not easy to measure the pressure.
There are simplified variants of a mechanical tonometer, for example, with a combined pear and a pressure gauge or a stethoscope head, sewn into the cuff. Pressure pressure with such modifications is much easier and faster.
In general, the pressure measurement with a mechanical tonometer has such advantages:
- Always an accurate result, if you figure out how to correct the pressure with a mechanical tonometer.
- In the presence of diseases of the cardiovascular system and arrhythmia, the device shows truthful indicators and without errors.
- Low price, compared with other types of measuring instruments.
In some situations, measuring pressure with a mechanical tonometer is extremely uncomfortable, namely:
- poor eyesight;
- hearing loss;
- Problems with shallow motor.
If there is a desire to buy medical tonsometers for pressure measurement, then the mechanical version relates to their number. Most modern hospitals work with such devices. After all, the experience of doctors allows them to obtain a maximum of accurate information without using the electronic tonometer.
Pick up tonometers for measuring pressure not only in terms of features, but also in size. The standard cuff does not exceed 30 cm, large - 45 cm, and the children's no more than 22 cm. If the size does not fit, then the measurement of blood pressure will be inaccurate.
Instructions for use of a mechanical tonometer
The instruction proposed below will help anyone understand how to measure the pressure with a mechanical tonometer:
- A person should sit on a chair with a straightened back and legs. Next, you need to put a hand on the table on which the pressure measurement will occur with a tonometer. If the man is right, then it is better to carry out the procedure on the left limb, and vice versa. For a more accurate result, doctors advise the measurement on both hands in turn.
- A cuff is put on the hand 3 cm from the elbow bending and fixed with velcro.
- The membrane of a stethoscope is applied to an elbow bending area.
- With the help of a pear in the cuff begins the air supply. It is necessary to stop pumping it after 30 units after the last heard pulse impact.
- After reaching the required point, under the pear you need to turn a little wheel. Air should no longer go out faster than 2 units per second. The first heard blow will be the upper pressure indicator, and the last - bottom.
Such an action algorithm represents auscultative measurement technique, invented by N. S. Korotkov, even at the beginning of the twentieth century. In the absence of a stethoscope, the question is how to measure blood pressure becomes more relevant. Help here can palpator method for determining values. The implementation technique as a whole will be identical to auscultative type, but in this case, instead of the stethoscope, an index and middle finger is used. Measurement accuracy does not change and the palpator method is well suited to people who have problems with hearing.
There are certain rules following which you can find out how to measure pressure correctly. The list is as follows:
- Before changing the pressure of the baby, he needs to tell about this procedure and ask for a couple of minutes. Usually this method helps, but in the case of children it is better to use automatic tonometers, since they show the result faster.
- Even the most modern tonometers will not show accurate numbers, if a person is cold or hot. In one case, the vessels are narrowed, and the pressure rises, and in the other expand and it falls.
- Before measuring blood pressure, it is desirable to relax half an hour to calm down and relax.
Electronic tonometers for pressure measurement act on an oscillometric method. In the case of them, the use of a stethoscope is not required, the total numbers will be automatically shown on the screen. Measure the pressure with a tonometer of electron species is extremely convenient to people with poor hearing and vision. Of the advantages, it is possible to allocate the possibility of determining the number of heartfills and the presence of arrhythmia. The results obtained can be saved in the device's memory. Unlike a mechanical tonometer, even a child can use the electronic apparatus, since it is very simple to measure blood pressure and sometimes pressing 1-2 buttons.
The electronic tonometer can be automatic and semi-automatic. In the first case, it is enough to wear a cuff and click on the button to start defining hell. Semi-automatic tonometers are cheaper, but the air will have to manually pump. After reaching the required pressure, the device itself resets the air.
Understand how correctly measuring the pressure using semi-automatic tonometers will help the following algorithm of actions:
- Fix the cuff 3 cm from the elbow bend;
- pump air to the dense adjustment of the device and stop;
- To look at the final result that is displayed on the display.
With an automatic tonometer, the procedure is even easier. How to measure the pressure to them can be seen below:
- Fix the cuff and click on the button located on the display.
- After the device is completed, take a look at the display to get acquainted with the result.
Choosing a mechanical device to determine the level of pressure, you can only find varieties for the shoulder. Among electronic tonometers there are models for measuring pressure on the wrist. They will fit well for people who have too big hands. Choosing between them, you need to consider the following features:
- On the wrist. Before buying such a tonometer, you need to make sure that the arteries in this place are not damaged, for example, due to the development of atherosclerosis, as the result will be inaccurate. If everything is fine, the definition of hell will occur in counting seconds. The device for measuring pressure on the wrist is well suited to full people, as well as those who are important to constantly monitor pressure, because it can be put in his pocket and always carry it;
- On the shoulder. All varieties of instruments have been created on this area to determine the blood pressure. They are easy to use and very accurate. Among the disadvantages can be highlighted large size.
If there are certain skills, understand how to measure the pressure with a mechanical tonometer will be easy. However, due to poor hearing or vision, impaired motility of hands and other reasons, many people cannot use such devices to determine the level of pressure.
They better pay attention to automatic and semi-automatic tonometers. There are such devices more expensive, but they simply manage.
Hypertension - This is a bich of a civilized society - it suffers after 40 years every third person. Therefore, to independently adjust the blood pressure, learn to measure it and your loved ones will be unlisted.
Benefits of a mechanical tonometer
Now the shops of medical equipment have a wide arsenal of instruments for measuring pressure. For this purpose, you can use both electronic or semi-automatic and mechanical tonometer. The first two, undoubtedly, make it possible to carry out a procedure faster, but in medical institutions, doctors prefer to measure people with pressure tested and tested by the second way.
Therefore, the doctor who caused by you at home, and the ambulance is likely to take advantage of the mechanical instrument.
Advantages of such a device:
- has a simple design;
- Allows you to measure pressure with maximum accuracy;
- rarely fails;
- does not require replacement batteries;
- Suitable for the hand of any completeness, including for children;
- serves longer electronic;
- Available at a price.
The handmade tonometer for measuring the pressure is a filling cuff on velcro filled with a rubber supercharger hoses - pear and meter (pressure gauge). The cuff turns around the shoulder of the patient and fastens. Pear is equipped with a screw valve. Through several of its compression, the air is injected into the cuff.
The most frequent breakdown of the mechanical tonometer is a pear tightness impairment: the latter is bursting, or an inconspicuous crack appears on it over time, which requires replacing this part of the device.
In addition to some devices, an foundoscope is attached to listen to blood jolts in the artery. These tonometers are definitely more convenient.
What do the doctors about hypertension say
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Emelyanov GV:
I have been practicing hypertension for many years. According to statistics in 89% of cases, hypertension is completed with infarction or stroke and human death. Now approximately two thirds of the patients dies during the first 5 years of the development of the disease.
The next fact is to shoot down pressure and necessary, but this does not treat the disease itself. The only medicine that is officially recommended by the Ministry of Health for the treatment of hypertension and is used by cardiologists in their work - this is Normaten. The drug acts on the cause of the disease, due to which it becomes possible to completely get rid of hypertension. In addition, within the framework of the federal program, each resident of the Russian Federation can get it IS FREE .
Types of mechanical apparatus
Manual mechanical tonometers are manufactured by various manufacturers. The variety of models allows a person to choose a device in accordance with its wishes and material capabilities. The following table shows examples of the most popular mechanical instruments.
|Model||MicroLife BP AG1-10.||B.Well WM-62S||LITTLE DOCTOR LD-70NR||Riester Sanaphon.|
|Manufacturer||MICROLIFE, Switzerland||B.Well, United Kingdom||Little Doctor, Singapore||Rudolf Riester, Germany|
|The presence of the foundoscope included||No||there is||No||there is|
|Measurement error, mm RT. Art.||± 2.||± 3.||± 3.||± 3.|
|Cock-size sizes, cm||14.5 x 53.||25-40||14 x 53.||54.5 x 14.5|
|Weight of the apparatus, g||360.||385.||237.||390.|
Important! An agronomist from Barnaul with an 8-year-old experience of hypertension found an ancient recipe, established production and released a tool, which time and forever will save you from pressure problems ... Read more ...
Preparation for measuring blood pressure
You need to perform manipulation in a relaxed state, calming down and not nervous. To reduce the likelihood of getting erroneous results, To measure pressure, you need to properly prepare:
- For a minimum 2 hours before the procedure, give up coffee, alcohol and smoking, from drugs acting on the vessels.
- Do not expose to significant physical exertion.
- Immediately before the procedure, empty the bladder.
- Pressure pressure 20 minutes after meals.
Arterial pressure measurement technique with a mechanical tonometer
Note! Hypertension - Why pills that knock down pressure harm? Dr. Bubnovsky about two secure and simple steps to life without hypertension Read more "
To measure pressure, you need to perform a number of consecutive actions:
- Sit at the table, putting the hand under study on its surface with palm up.
- Lovely wrap the cuff around the shoulder hoses down. Secure it with velcro.
- If the device has a phonenendoscope, then insert its ends into the ears, and put the head with the membrane to the place of the strongest ripple, usually located on the inside of the elbow joint. If there is no foundoscope, blood strikes will have to determine visually, guided by the sensations in the hand.
- Tighten the valve on the pear and the free hand with the free hand with air to the sensation of numbness in the shoulder and the termination of the ripple. Observe the pressure gauge arrow: it must reach the values, 20-30 mm Hg. Art. exceeding your usual pressure.
- Slowly drive the pear valve. At this point, you will hear a series of blows (about 8-10), corresponding to the heartbeat. Do not forget to look at the meter's dial: the arrow will quickly move in the opposite direction, to zero. You have to see, at what mark it will be, when hear the first and stronger blood push is the value of systolic, or upper, blood pressure.
- Pulse blows will gradually sink. The last audible push of the series corresponds to the bottom (diastolic) pressure. For example, if the first knock of blood you heard when the arrow was at 140, and the last - among the 90, then your blood pressure is 140/90 mm Hg. Art.
- Finishing the measurement, open the entire pear valve and release all the air from the cuff.
Having a certain experience and skill, using a manual tonometer to measure pressure with the phoneneoscope, you can measure these indicators and on the leg if necessary. The point of the most hearing vascular pulsation is located with the outside of the back of the foot.
Normal blood pressure
Normal blood pressure indicators in young and older people, men and women can be somewhat different. After all, over time, the vessels are inevitably narrowed due to deposits on their cholesterol walls.
Naturally, the older man, the higher for him the norm. The following table shows the average blood pressure indicators depending on the floor and age.
|Age in years||Men||Women|
|Less than 20.||115/75||110/70|
|From 20 to 30||120/80||120/75|
|From 30 to 40||130/80||130/80|
|From 40 to 50||135/80||135/80|
|From 50 to 60||140/85||140/85|
An increase in blood pressure is caused not only by hypertension. Sometimes its indicators affect the weather factor, neuropsychiatric experiences or physical overvoltage. Learn to measure pressure is easy - this procedure will be able to master even a teenager.
Anyone, especially someone who suffers from hyper-or hypotension, diabetes, it is important to be able to independently use a mechanical tonometer for measuring pressure. A mechanical tonometer (otherwise a sphygmomanometer) is a cheap and affordable device, but also this is one of the most complex in the handling of the devices. Taking this apparatus, you must have some knowledge to measure blood pressure with high accuracy.
Preparation for pressure measurements
Types of instruments for measuring blood pressure:
To measure hell is recommended from the morning on an empty stomach at the same time, in particular, it concerns patients suffering from hypertensive syndrome. It is most accurate, but the indicators obtained by this device are most accurate. That is why the doctors trust the following diagnostics. To achieve a more accurate result, the measurements need to be made on both hands 2-3 times at the interval of 5 minutes, and then output the average of all data.
Before measuring the pressure, it is necessary:
- Empty the bladder (with a bladder filled with a bladder increase by 10-15 mm Hg. Art.).
- Relax for 5-10 minutes. If a physical activity preceded, recreation time to increase 3 times.
- An hour before the procedure, refuse to eat strong coffee, tea, alcoholic beverages, smoking.
- During the diagnosis, the investigated cannot be accepted, sharp movements are undesirable.
- Use before the procedure of thoroughbuilding drugs will distort the result.
Pressure measurement sequence manual tonometer
To learn how to correctly measure pressure with a mechanical tonometer is easy, it is important only to follow the algorithm and recommendations. The hand on which the pressure is written is made, it should be relaxed, free from clothes, and the elbow should not be on the weight. The limbs should not be wounds, scars, scars. No legs are not recommended. The best position of the patient is sitting on a chair with a back, however it is allowed and measured lying if the elbow is located at the heart level.
The sphygmomanometer is completed:
- A device for pumping air and called pear;
- sensor - manometer.
To measure hell with a regular mechanical meter:
- On a relaxed hand, 2-3 cm above the elbow dresses the cuff and is fixed tightly.
- A stethoscope membrane is applied to the place of pulsation of the artery on the elbow bending.
- With the help of a pear, the valves of which are tightly blocked, the air is injected until the arrow will reach the pressure gauge 200-210 mm Hg. Art. (In some cases, if there is a probability of increased pressure to 220, the pear is pumped even longer).
- The air from the pear is smoothly starting to descend with a reset valve, the arrow on the pressure gauge is descended at this time.
- Data on the pressure gauge when the pulsation (Korotkov tones) begins to listen through a stethoscope is the upper (systolic) pressure. Tones are audible for a while. At the time, as soon as they subsided, you need to fix the data on the pressure gauge - this is the lower (diastolic) pressure.
- The air from the supercharger is completely released and gently assemble the tonometer in the box to avoid damage.
The choice of hands for measuring pressure depends on the right-hander or left-handers; In people with leading right hand, the diagnosis is carried out on the left, in Lefters - on the contrary.
To control well-being, it is not enough to simply measure the pressure, you need to be able to correctly express the results obtained. In case of deviation from generally accepted norms, this will allow you to react and seek help to a qualified specialist (therapist, cardiologist, neurologist).
Norms of blood indicators
|Averaged norms of pressure indicators by age|
|Up to 20.||115 at 70.||125 at 75.|
|20-30||120 at 75.||126 on 80.|
|30-40||127 on 80.||129 at 82.|
|40-50||135 at 85.||136 at 83.|
|50-60||145 at 85.||142 at 85.|
|60 or more||160 on 85.||142 for 80.|
Possible causes of deviations
Additional indicators are individual, however, explicit deviations from normal values may indicate the disease. Among the causes of pressure changes:
- nerve overvoltage;
- alcohol abuse;
- non-normalized day mode, lack of sleep;
- Hypertension / hypotension;
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, ulcer, pancreatitis);
- diseases of the musculoskeletal function (scoliosis, osteochondrosis);
- Reception of medicines.
Popular models of mechanical tonometers
|CS MEDICA CS-106|
|MicroLife BP AG1-10|
|LITTLE DOCTOR LD-70NR|
|A & D UA-100|