Start with walking
If the last time you ran to school, and it is reluctant, one ladder will cause shortness of breath or if there is a great overweight, it is better to start with walking.
At least a week, you strive for 10,000 steps every day. It's just a digit, but it is better to navigate something: it's easier to start.
Each kilometer passed to improve your physical form and prepares you to the first run. If you are lending an active lifestyle and go a lot, you can immediately start running training.
Alternate running with walking
Master of Sports on Athletics and Coach Artem Kuftyrev says that many newcomers perceive jogging as rapid overcoming distance, so they are quickly exhaled.
Master of Sports on Athletics, Marathon, Founder of the School of Running Instarun
On the first jogging of newbies, new sensations frighten: the pulse and the respiratory rhythm increases, the pressure and the rate of blood circulation is growing, perhaps somewhere rolls something with unusual. The body is trying to adjust the new mode of operation, but it takes time. If you break a little, it will work and it will be easier for you. But this is just if you chose an adequate pace in initially!
Give your body a chance to adapt: start gradually. Here is an example of training for newcomers with alternating run and walk from our expert.
Put the timer and run 3 minutes, then go to step over the next 2 minutes - this is one series. In total, they need to do six, which will take 30 minutes from you.
At the same time, remember that three minutes of running is not a sprint with all my might. So you will not hold out for a long time. The ramp of the run should be comfortable.
To stick to the desired pace, use a simple rule: you must maintain the ability to maintain a continuous dialog on the run. This tempo is also called conversational.
Often they advise you to run with a loaf of the pulse, but if you do not have a bad pulsometer, there will be a little sense. Fitness bracelets and watches are very roughly determined by the heart rate and give huge errors.
Moreover, Artem claims that the numbers may vary depending on a particular person and initially better focus on their feelings.
If you do not manage to maintain a conversational tempo within three minutes, reduce the run time. For example, you can run 2 minutes, and walk - 3, or run 1 minute, and the remaining 4 go.
Train regularly and increase time
For rapid adaptation of the body, regular loads and recovery time are needed.
The most effective growth in preparation is observed at the runners, which are 3-4 times a week. If you arrange workouts every other day, then in two weeks you follow their seven. Such rhythm will allow to recover and not lose skill.
At the same time, for progress, it is necessary to gradually increase the running time. If 3 minutes of run and 2 minutes walk felt comfortable, use the following plan:
- 1 Week: 3 minutes of running, 2 minutes walk - 6 episodes (30 minutes).
- 2 weeks: 4 minutes of run, 2 minutes walk - 5 episodes (30 minutes).
- 3 weeks: 5 minutes run, 2 minutes walk - 4-5 episodes (28-35 minutes).
- 4 weeks: 5 minutes run, 1 minute walk - 5 episodes (30 minutes).
- 5 week: Full 30 minutes run without walking.
- 6 week: 35 minutes running.
- 7 week: 40 minutes running.
- 8 week: 45 minutes running.
If you feel strong fatigue until the workout is completed, it means that you either took too high the pace, or run too long.
Roll back and repeat the previous week again, and then try again. And in no case do not learn under the pretext: "Still, running is not mine." You just need more time to adapt.
If you continue, you have already won.
Always hear well before training
Before running, always perform the articular workout.
Workout exercises activate the basic motor units of your body and provide the optimal distribution of the synovial fluid in the joints, which improves their slip and mobility.
On the video, Artem Kuftyrev show a short warm-up that you need to make part of your workout. This is especially important for those who run in the morning when the body is rather rigid and fixed. Perform exercises smoothly, without sharp movements.
Make the boot after workout
Artem says that training can be completed with a dynamic or static stretching. What exactly - depends on your goals:
- If you are not going to do anything after run, choose a static stretch.
- If you want to finish the jogging of circular power training or jumping exercises, make a dynamic stretching. This is a complex of multi-sowing exercises that will help more carefully disperse your body, prepare it to other movements and reduce the risk of injury.
How to make a static stretch
Static stretch is when you take a certain position in which the muscles are stretched, and hold it for a while. It will help to relax the main muscle groups that worked during the run. On the video below, our expert shows a set of exercise for stretching after jogging.
Hold each position 45-60 seconds, stretch without fanaticism (pain should be minimal).
How to make a dynamic stretch
Dynamic stretching is a complex of multi-sowing exercises that help more thorough muscle. It will help you avoid injuries while performing intensive movements. On the video below, Artem shows how to properly carry out a dynamic stretch.
Unfortunately, not only newcomers, but also those who gave themselves the second chance to become runner after the first failure, ignore the warm-up and harness, arguing this shortage of time.
Do not skip the workout and harness: this is the same important part of the workout, like the jog itself.
Watch out for the body position
The quality of running depends not only on how speed you go through the legs, but also on the work of all other parts of the body.
Remember several simple technical details that can be corrected independently:
- Sight Direct forward, do not look under your feet.
- Shoulders You need to relax. Many runners strain them, which causes physical fatigue and slows down the pace. If you felt that the shoulders strained, just shake your hands and try to relax them.
- Hands Must move forward-back like a swing. Do not set the elbows to the sides, bend them at right angles, collect the brushes into the fist, but do not compress them with all your might.
- Feet You need to put under the center of gravity, and not ahead of the body. True, it is quite difficult to track (except you ask you to record you on video and analyze your technique).
It is also very important to learn to relax the body during running.
Most often, novice athletes have excessive tension in the whole body. It prevents both normal blood flow and the perception of running in general. In addition, the tension strongly limits the mechanics of movements and attracts various inflammations and pain in the legs. Therefore, the main advice: learn to relax while running!
If you want to put equipment, find the coach. If you are going to cope with your own, be sure to read about the technical aspects.
Add strength training
Artyom Kuftyrev says that, in addition to running, it is important to supplement your training with power complexes to strengthen muscles. Such exercises will help relieve the load from the joints and ligaments in the future, which is especially important for people with overweight.
At the same time, you do not have to buy a subscription into a gym: It is quite suitable for exercises with the weight of your body. Arrange 2-3 strength training per week. You can do it on days free from run, or right after running.
Watch your condition
Artyom says that many beginner runners complain about the laundering pains in the knees. Most often it is just an adaptive discomfort that passes within an hour after training or even earlier. It is not worth worrying and throwing jogging because of this.
But completely ignore the pain notes: Sometimes they can be a sign of serious problems.
If the pain in the joint is acute, increasing, pulsating and it does not pass when loading for three days, it is worth contacting the surgeon.
In addition to the articular pain, the runners are often encountered with muscle spasms. It happens most often with the muscles on the back of the thigh and does not represent danger, if you respond quickly.
As soon as the spasm was formed, it is necessary to slowly stretch the muscle with the back movement, after which it is gently massaged.
Make a variety
Each athlete periodically disappears inspiration, and it becomes boring to run. What to do? Find various ways to diversify your classes. It pleases that these ways are quite a lot, so everyone can choose suitable specifically for it.
Listen to music
Collect a playlist from your favorite tracks and enjoy audio sink. The main thing is to remember that we unconsciously adjust your pace under the rhythm of music, so either watch yourself, or choose special playlists for runners taking into account Cadence.
If not satisfied with the music, you can listen to your favorite podcasts or audiobooks.
Find like-minded people
If you are bored to make jogs alone, find friends who are ready to support your sports starts, or join the running club.
It becomes more fun to train, and responsibility will be. It is unlikely that you can find 101 justification, why it is worth staying at six in the morning in a warm bed and do not go run if friends are already waiting for you on the street.
Get a running diary
This is an option for lovers of diaries and studying statistical data. Tracking your progress and the study of processes and circumstances that affect running results can be your stimulus.
Analyzing the records, you can make appropriate conclusions and make adjustments necessary to improve the results. This can help special running applications or entire social networks.
Remember that it's never late to start
No one demands from you sprint speed or endurance ultramaraphon. The main thing is that your training sessions are safe, supported health and brought pleasure you. Everything else is secondary.
Complete instruction for those who want to start running from scratch and not to quit. We collected in one place answers to questions beginners about running, recommendations and training principles.
Where to start: put the goal
It is useful for a start to decide what is the main goal of training. Usually people start running, pursuing one or more of the following tasks:
- Improve well-being and physical form
- lose weight
- participate in a concrete race
- Running a certain distance
- distract from everyday bustle and "unload" head
- Take the "crossing" friends and become part of the running movement
Of course, there are many other, individual, goals. But the fact of the formulation of the reason for the start of the run is important: first, in accordance with the current task, you can rationally make a training plan, and secondly, mentally returning to the original goal, it will be easier to track progress and maintain motivation.
Training of the training plan
In accordance with the goal, it is necessary to make a plan for crossing training.
The fact is that newcomers, running "on intuition", often give themselves an excessive load and get injuries. This is because the cardiovascular system is developing faster than the joint-bond apparatus and muscles, therefore, they feel easier to run, and the person disproportionately increases the load. As a result, the body does not withstand - and injury occurs.
The best, but also the most expensive way to get a plan - contact your professional coach. Make sure that the coach is individual plans, and does not give all novice the same template.
The method of cheaper is to train in the group. It is easier to maintain motivation, but there is no individual approach, and there is a risk of getting a load lower or higher than optimal.
Ever easier - download a standardized plan in the running application or join online focus of newbies. This gives freedom of action (no need to come to group training) and costs significantly less than other options. The ideal option, if in such a course it will be possible to ask questions to coach and getting it advice.
See also: What muscles work when running
Training plans for the marathon and half-marathon. Download and start training today.
Workout before running
Before running, it is desirable to spin the body in order to heat muscles and joints.
This can be done in several ways.
- Self-massage or foam rolling. Arraying muscles, we improve blood circulation in them. It is more convenient to use the video, but this procedure may be painful. Before running, you should "roll out" the back surface of the hip, caviar, quadriceps and buttocks.
- Articular warm-up. Circular movements in the joints: ankles, knees, hip, pelvis, shoulders and neck.
- Light exercises for general physical training (OFP) for 5-10 minutes.
- Walking, coward or very light running the first 10-15 minutes of workout - this is also a warm-up.
Any complicated part of the training, such as acceleration, can be started when you warmed up and started sweating a little.
Where better to run
First of all, when choosing a place for running, you need to take into account the coating. There are several options, and they differ in hardness, and hence the load on the legs, and by other signs.
In the town
- Asphalt: the most common coverage in the city; Hard, but still allowable for training; In addition, if you prepare for the city race - then it is best to get used to the coating that will prevail on it.
- Tile: uneven and tough coating that is better to avoid; As a rule, tile is hard asphalt, and it can be uneven, which increases the danger to turn the leg or stumble.
- Concrete: Perhaps the most rigid and because of this, the most dangerous of all coatings - the shock load on the legs will be maximum.
- Stadium or Indoor Manege: As a rule, it is an artificial coating of Tartan (or its analogues), which is relatively soft and gentle for the legs; However, it is worth remembering that in the winter period, Tartan can be slippery.
In the country
- Soil: Perhaps the most gentle version for the joints; It is worth considering irregularities, as well as the fact that it may be slippery and dirty in the rain; If the goal is to prepare for trail starts, then the soil is definitely preferable to other coatings.
- Sand or snow: Running on an unstable coating can be equated with powerful work, because the load on the muscles is much higher, and the muscles-stabilizers are included; The pace on such a coating will be significantly lower, and it is regularly uncomfortable to use it. However, such training is periodically useful for studying different muscle groups.
Solving where to run, it is also worth considering the presence of cars, traffic lights, passers-by and illumination in the event of dark time. For high-speed training, it is better to find smooth areas without intersections with other roads and frequent turns.
Where it is better to run: 9 coatings for running and their features
How to run: technique run
We begin to run from early childhood, almost immediately after you start walking. For a person, this is a natural type of movement: if you look at how children run, it will become noticeable, as it is easy and naturally they do it. But with age, it seems to be harder to run.
This is because the modern lifestyle affects the mechanics of human movements. We use comfortable amortized shoes, which allows you to land on the heel. From this chain, the entire Biomechanics run is changing - landing on the heel in front of the pelvis elongated foot creates a shock load, a pelvis and spine.
Turning a landing during running should an ankle joint and foot, which consist of 52 bones, 66 joints and more than two hundred muscles, ligaments and tendons. They are created for this nature.
The correct, natural race consists of three phases:
- Runner Pose (one's foot heel is tightened to the buttock, the knee of the support leg is slightly bent);
- the fall;
- Tightening the legs to the pelvis.
The center of gravity is in the bemps, the back is smooth, the knees are a little bent, the look - climb, and not down.
With the "pull-up" heel goes to the buttock, and the landing occurs without additional effort: the leg itself falls on the ground is exactly under the pelvis.
Running can be called a controlled drop. To feel this, you need time, the duration of which depends on the coordination and communication of the head and body.
The surest way to learn to run right is to turn to professional coach. Moreover, it is likely that you will need several classes to feel progress, and before ideal, the technique can be made forever.
Another option is to learn independently on books and videos on the Internet. But it is still desirable to be able to record a video of your run and send to the coach to get a comment of a professional.
Special running exercises
SBU - Special Running Exercises. This is a set of exercises that are useful to perform runners to:
- to work out the muscles involved during running, which not only helps on a run, but also reduces the risk of injury;
- Improve the running technique - in the SBU collected movements that contribute to this;
- Improve overall physical training.
Each movement is a separate accented element of running.
As a rule, the SBU is performed by complexes of five exercises, and their length and duration chooses a coach in accordance with the objectives, tasks and phase of preparation.
SBU complex with video
When it is better to run: in the morning or in the evening
From the point of view of the efficiency of training, the time of day does not greatly affect the result. Rather, this is a matter of personal preferences.
It's better to run in the morning not immediately after waking up, but to give the body to "wake up." In addition, any high-speed training should be done not on an empty stomach, but calm crosses will be more effective for fat burning just an empty stomach. Finally, running in the morning, you can not be tied to training the rest of the day.
In the evening, you should not make complex workouts immediately before bedtime, as it will be difficult to fall asleep after them. At the same time to heat the head after a difficult day - an excellent way to psychological unloading.
How to breathe when running
Breathing is a natural process, and it happens reflexively. However, often runners face shortness of breath during training, and there is an opinion that you need to do inhale and exhale through a certain number of steps. But the rate of running can be different, like Cadence, so such a reference point is very relative.
The body knows great how many breaths and when to do to ensure that necessary oxygen. Therefore, it is not even a good idea specifically to control the breathing. It is better to give the body will breathe "on demand".
Therefore, the answer is simple: breathing as your body requires this moment.
But a number of moments still pay attention to:
- The occurrence of strong shortness of breath is a large load indicator. If in the training task there is no need to run out of all forces, then the pace you took too fast, you need to slow down so that the breath is normal. If the task is to run in the aerobic zone, the shortness of breath should not be, but, on the contrary, it should be saved to talk. If Running on the verge of anaerobic metabolism is given, then the shortness of breath may be, but moderate and controlled.
- Often we do not make a complete exhalation - this is the so-called "superficial breathing". If the exhalation is not complete, then with the next breath, the exhaust air occupies a place that could take fresh. Therefore, it is better to concentrate on making a complete exhalation and inhale deeply, cycling the lower departments of the lungs.
What to run: how to choose an excipant for running
Beginning regularly run, an important question is about properly selected clothing for training. When choosing equipment for running, it is worth considering a number of factors:
- Material and its quality: Special synthetic fabrics remove moisture from the surface of the skin, not absorbing it and allowing it to quickly evaporate. This makes it possible not to overheat in the heat and do not shine in the cold. When choosing a thing, it is necessary to give preference to proven sports brands, and it will also be useful to familiarize yourself with the characteristics of the tissue on the label: as a rule, its properties are described in detail.
- Functionality: The presence of pockets, clasters reflecting the light of inserts (when running in the dark time, they make the runner more noticeable to others and, in particular, for car drivers), the convenience of landing.
- Size: Sports equipment should sit freely and do not shoot motion, it applies to clothes, and shoes; Shoes are better to buy more than usual size.
- Attention to accessories: headband from sweat, phone holder, water bag, gloves - all these things that at first may seem unimportant, capable of doing a run significantly comfortable.
Clothes for running depending on temperature
+15 C - Mike or Top and Shorts
+ 10-15 C - Shorts and T-shirt or Longsway
+ 5-10 C - Taiters or Pants, Long Slide from Functional Fabric, Closing Ears Touching on the head (optional)
-5 / + 5 C - Taiters or Pants, Longsels from functional fabric, Fleece sweater or windbreaker, gloves, closing ears Headband, Buff
-10 /5 C - Taiters or Pants, Windbreaker and Fleece Fleece, Long Slice Functional Fabric, Shorts, Gloves, Hat or Closing Ears Headband, Buff
What else can affect the choice of clothes for running:
- Workout duration: the longer run, the warmer should be dressed.
- Workout type: the more intensive run, the easier the clothes.
- The presence of wind: a windproof jacket is necessary.
- Rain: water-winding windbreak.
Sneakers for running
Let's figure it out why buy special footwear for running and why it is not worth going to workout in ordinary pricks.
There are several reasons for this.
- Running sneakers have certain properties that "help" stop when running and thereby reduce the risk of injury. At the initial stage, when the body only gets used to regular load, this is especially important.
- In specialized shoes run much more comfortable. Manufacturers care about the sneakers correspond to the anatomical structure of the foot and not rubbed.
- Conventional sneakers simply will not stand regular jogs and very soon break off.
Now let's talk about the properties of the running shoes.
Perhaps the key characteristic. Due to her shock load, you run softer and more comfortable. Provided by using different types of special foam. Its main enemies - weight and speed: the more amaled sneakers, the more safe and comfortable, but at the same time it is heavier and absorbs more effort, reducing speed.
Certificates of manufacturers about "Return of Energy" - marketing stroke: the only thing they manage to achieve the use of new materials is to reduce the absorption of this energy in comparison with previous models.
That is, the fixation of the foot using the bends of the soles and side seals. Usually it is recommended to people with the features of the pronation and supination. Pronation is a natural depreciation mechanism when landing, and support is really needed only to people with serious orthopedic issues or overweight.
It is the ability to bend sneakers in half. It is easily tested by hand: it is desirable that the sneakers be easily bent into them. The fixed sole gives stabilization, but provokes running from heel and incorrect technique, which in the long run leads to injuries. Our stop is created by the nature for running, and throw it into the frame - not the best idea.
It can be classic or in the form of "sock". The second option is more comfortable and soft, but it can give a feeling of the shift of the foot above the sole during rotation. Also important characteristic - lightness and ventilation. In the summer it is desirable to use more thoughtful models, in cold weather - more dense. Perhaps the choice of top is a matter of taste.
How to pick up sneakers
For beginners, depreciation is an important aspect: the muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints have not yet strengthened, and the statement of the foot is not worked out, "help" sneakers will be very by the way. But it is important not to overdo it: too amortized sneakers "steal" a sense of contact with the surface of the earth and "teach" to run wrong: in them any landing seems comfortable. Therefore, it is worth choosing a degree of depreciation, based on two factors: the weight and availability of orthopedic problems.
If there is no excess weight, you can take models with moderate or small depreciation, if it is present, then it makes sense to consider sneakers with a soft sole. In the second case, you can also draw removing on supporting models.
If there are no orthopedic problems, it is better to make a choice in favor of sneakers with a well-curved foot, this will allow you to work out the correct statement of the foot - the sneakers will not "interfere" in the natural landing mechanism.
As for the top of the sneakers, the key aspect is convenience. You can also take into account the season and weather, but remember that during the running the chance of freezing the legs of the legs, but in warm weather, ventilation helps a lot: because if the leg sweats, it can provoke rubbing.
An important rule: buy sneakers worth 1-1.5 size more than ordinary shoes. During the running, the leg can increase in the amount, and if the fingers rest in the fabric, it will cause discomfort and pain.
Finally, it is necessary to understand that if it is uncomfortable in the shop of sneakers, then he does not "deal" and not "sit down". Running sneakers should immediately be completely comfortable. Although the design is a pleasant addition, yet when choosing running sneakers, comfort and functionality in priority.
Is it possible to drink during running
The issue of hydration is particularly relevant with the onset of the hot season. Do I need to drink during exercise? How much to drink and what exactly? What will happen if this is not done?
During running, we lose a lot of fluid: first, during exercise, the cooling mechanism is turned on, and we sweat; Secondly, we intensively breathe through the mouth and thus we also lose a lot of moisture. All this can lead to dehydration, that is, situations where the lack of fluid in the body has a negative effect on its operation.
Light dehydration is not as terrible: 1-2% of dehydration leads to an increase in body temperature and false perception of fatigue and load. However, later dehydration stages (5-10%) can provoke hallucinations and even stop the heart.
Usually, the symptoms of dehydration include headache, elevated pulse, dark urine color and its small amount. However, it is better to take action before these symptoms. For this, in circumstances, when the loss of fluid is especially large, its consumption should be increased.
There are two approaches to the hydration strategy during physical exercise: to drink only in the occurrence of thirst and drink "on ahead". Perhaps the optimal option is something average: the danger of the first approach is that in the process of running (especially in competitions), a person can distract, simply forget to drink and not to pay a report that he feels thirst.
In the second case, you can, on the contrary, drink too much, which will lead to the flushing of trace elements, impaired salt balance and subsequently - to no less serious consequences than strong dehydration.
How to understand how much and when to drink
Each person has a different flow rate of water. It depends on the temperature and humidity of the air, the level of effort. You can count your personal pace of fluid loss during a run by a simple formula: body weight immediately before training minus body weight immediately after, plus a lot of drinks during fluid run - and divided the duration of the jogging in hours.
As a result of the calculations, fluid flow rate per hour. In accordance with this, the indicator can be understood how much it is necessary to drink during and after jogging so that the water balance in the body does not violate.
When you take water on a jog:
- If it lasts more than an hour;
- If on the street is hot;
- If there is no access to water after training.
How to drink:
- Regularly in small sips, for example, two chips every 10 minutes.
- ordinary water;
- Isotonic (special sports drinks containing trace elements);
- Water with lemon, other fruits and pinch salts (natural electrolyte).
How many times a week you need to run
To begin with, the optimal number of jogs per week - three, that is, run every other day. This option will allow fully recovered between training, the body will not be overloaded, which will reduce the risk of injuries, and will also allow you to go to each new jogging.
If you immediately start running every day, it is likely that after a while the injury will happen, since the body is not ready for such a frequent load, or a psychological burnout will occur, and the desire to train will disappear.
It is important to understand that the growth of the shape occurs in the days of rest, so you need to give yourself a rest between training.
Method of simulating run and walk
At the first stage, the likelihood is great that the starting runner will not be able to maintain a running pace for a long time without strong breath and height of the pulse. However, it is not worth allowing this: such a load does not benefit, while the body is not yet ready for it.
Therefore, at first it is better to alternate running and walking. For example, after ten minutes of workout intense walking, you can make 10 repeats for 1 minute run and 1 minute walk. Next, gradually increase the duration of the running segments.
When it becomes possible to run for 30 minutes without strong shortness of breath, you can move to lengthening the length of training and an increase in the intensity.
RUN-WALK-RUN method: How and why alternate running and walking
Is it possible to run with music
Music is a great way to diversify training. It brings pleasure, sets the mood, can help keep rhythm and serve as a good motivator. In itself, listening to music on a run does not harm, but the fact that the headphones in the ears block the sounds of the street, can play a cruel joke.
There are a pair of receptions that make music listening on a run safer:
- Low volume;
- use of bone conductivity headphones;
- Running in places where there is no car traffic and dangerous sites.
How fast to run
The rate of running, which needs to be selected for training depends on many factors. First of all, from the training task: for example, high-speed operation, recovery or long run. The same pace can be completely different loads for different people. Therefore, when choosing a running speed, you should focus on your own sensations.
At the beginning of the running path, it costs to train in the aerobic zone: this is the pace at which there is no strong shortness of breath and you can keep a conversation. Sometimes such a load is called a low pulse run.
It is important to understand that the main criterion here are individual sensations. It is worth focusing on them, and not at the rate of comrade for training or a running group.
Running on the pulsa
The concept of running on the pulse is gaining popularity. At the same time, people who train on the pulse understand its meaning.
The pulse is a scale, indicator of the load level. With the help of the readings of the pulse, we can measure which load is experiencing an organism.
However, the use of universal pulse zones incorrectly, as they are individual for each person, and it is possible to define them only on a special functional Tredmill-test with a gas analyzer. As a result of such a test, you can find out your pulse indicators on the aerobic and anaerobic threshold.
The aerobic load is the one at which the body produces energy using oxygen. The chemical reaction characteristic of this system is called the Krebs cycle: during this process, the oxidation of fats, proteins and carbohydrates and the "transformation" of them into carbon dioxide and water occurs. With such a load, the main power supply - fats that are oxidized.
Since the amount of oxygen is not limited, and the reserves of fats even at a thin person is enough to run a few marathons in a row (after all, in one gram of fat 9 kcal, while the so many proteins or carbohydrates contain only 4 kcal), the aerobic system is the most Favorable in terms of energy costs.
Training in the aerobic zone have the following effects:
- Reducing the paul of rest;
- an increase in the impact volume of the heart;
- Improving the capacity of the body to use fats as a source of energy;
- Reducing dependence on the use of glucose as a source of energy;
- development of the capillary network;
- Growth of mitochondria.
Anaerobic threshold or pan
The Krebs cycle flows long enough, and with the growth of the load (acceleration or running to the mountain), the aerobic extended by energy ceases to be enough. The anaerobic system comes into business. Lactate is used from muscles and glucose from blood for energy generation. This process proceeds without the use of oxygen and is called measles cycle.
Glycogen reserves (glucose) are stored in the liver and in the muscles. A man weighing 70 kg on average can stock 1500 kcal. Simply put, an anaerobic system makes it possible to run faster, but only as long as Glycogen reserves. After their exhaustion, the transition to the aerobic system will be inevitable, as a result of which the speed will decrease. This is the same marathon wall, when on the 30-35th km of the marathon "legs refuse to run."
That this does not happen, the runners during the marathon eat energy gels, thereby becoming glucose reserves.
In the process of energy production, by-products fall into the blood - lactate, purivat and hydrogen ions. At the same time, they are absorbed again and used for further energy production. Until a certain level of load, these processes are the release of lactate and its recycling - are in the balance sheet.
The moment when the processing of lactate ceases to "time" for its release, is called the lactate threshold. And in the case of further growth, the decay products accumulate in geometric progression, which causes a person to reduce the load.
Training in aerobic zone, athlete:
- develops muscles;
- develops VO2MAX;
- Develops high-speed endurance.
In practice, both systems work in the body at the same time, but with an increase or decrease in the load, the percentage ratio of their use is changing.
However, testing on Tredmilla, allowing you to learn your pulse thresholds, is an expensive service, moreover, it will be uncomfortable to pass it to a physically not prepared person.
At the initial stage, it makes sense to focus on the sensation. The aerobic zone is a run, in which it is possible to quietly support the conversation, without strong breath. This is how it is necessary to run at the initial stage, while the base is laid for subsequent training.
Is it possible to lose weight with running
During running, a lot of energy is spent, on average, 500 kcal is burned in an hour. Sounds as an excellent way of weight loss. But it is important to understand that the weight is reduced not because of the running itself, but because of maintaining a calorie deficit - when we spend more energy than we consume.
To burn 500 g of fat, you need a shortage of 3,500 kcal. Nutritionists recommend maintaining the difference between spent and used calories in a period of 300 to 600 kcal per day (then a slimming per kilogram will take from 6 to 12 days). Such a strategy does not cause stress for the body, and also does not provoke a sharp feeling of hunger, which often subsequently leads to overeating.
To optimally use running jogging, you should find out what is happening with the body during exercise.
The greatest percentage of fat is used as a fuel for energy production during the airbone area. This is usually the load below the so-called aerobic threshold. This is a run of low intensity: you can maintain a conversation, and for the optimal result, the training should last more than 30 minutes.
Running in such a "zhirotop" pace is preferably alternating with high-intensity workouts. So the body will not get used to the monotonous load, and muscles will develop, which contributes to greater calorie consumption. During high-intensity training, no fats are mainly used, but glycogen contained in muscles and liver. If after the load does not replenish its reserves, a few hours after glycogen will continue to be consumed, which will negatively affect the restoration.
After such training, it is advisable to eat something carbohydrate and light, for example, a green apple. However, it is not necessary to get involved, since the energy is spent after such a workout, the fat burning process is started. Therefore, it is desirable that the main reception of food consistently from the protein.
The adipose tissue for the production of energy will mainly be consumed with an essential run of an empty stomach. This is due to the fact that after sleep, the blood sugar level is low, and at low-intensity loading the body will spend fats. It works especially well if you do a power or high-intensity training in the evening, and the glycogen reserves in the muscles will be reduced.
At the same time, it is not necessary to run on an empty stomach too often, addictive to such training can happen, and then the effect will decrease. In addition, you need to drink a glass of water before such a run, and it can last 30-40 minutes.
Wait for rapid results - incorrect strategy. Of course, the initial parameters play a big role: a person with great overweight will be the first time to lose it faster than the one who wants to get rid of just a few kilos.
Summary. To lose weight, you need:
- Observe the calorie deficit at 300-600 kcal per day.
- Run with low intensity for more than 30 minutes.
- Combine low-indense running with high-speed workouts, for example, intervals or farthelery.
- Periodically run in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Not "compensate" spent on calorie exercise by increasing the number of food.
Where to run: on a treadmill or on the street
Treadmill or Tredmill - a good alternative when you run on the street there is no possibility. Exploring Running on Tredmilla and on the street, scientists came to the conclusion that there are no significant differences. However, there are a number of nuances.
- Load. There is no oncoming wind on Tredmilla, so the load is slightly lower. But if you set the angle of linen by 1%, it is compensated.
- Equipment. It is the opinion that on Tredmilla is more difficult to run with the right technique, because to keep the bias of the body forward can seem strange. However, if you already run correctly, then the technique will continue on the track. But learning better on Earth.
- Maximum oxygen consumption (VO2MAX). Scientists find out that the IPC is the same in both cases.
- You can accurately monitor the tempo;
- Do not depend on the weather;
- convenient to drink and eat;
- You can watch a video;
- Himself regulate the "relief";
- does not prepare the legs to the rigidity of asphalt and irregularities;
- No one will be a company;
- It is inconvenient to prepare for trailranning, as Tredmill imitates only running on asphalt.
- teaches feeling your pace;
- teachs psychological resistance regardless of weather conditions;
- imitates the real situation on the race;
- Fresh air and sun (vitamin D);
- a variety of routes;
- You can run to work, on affairs, etc.;
- Weather and relief can "disrupt" training task;
- Danger: animals, cars and even people, for example, at night.
Thus, ideally, it is better to run on the street using Treadmill in some cases when:
- The weather is too bad (hurricane, bite frost or severe heat);
- Sliply and there is a high risk to fall;
- unsafe district or time of day;
- It is necessary to run an important high-speed training, and on the street there is no conditions for this: for example, in the city center, where a lot of traffic lights;
- Quarantine and curfew.
How to start running faster: interval training
In order to develop the rate of running, you need to make high-speed work. The most popular type of their type - interval training.
These are duplicate segments with a high pace with recovery breaks or a coward.
The essence lies in the fact that by sharing the total load on separate segments with rest between them, you can run more and better than to do it for one long cut. For example, making 10 accelerations of 200 m very quickly, and at once it will not work with the same pace of 2000 m.
Interval training there are two types:
- with segments to maximum acceleration;
- With segments at an anaerobic threshold.
In the first case, the segments are usually short enough, in the second can be long. The rest between high-speed segments depends on the preparation stage, the level of physical form and training tasks.
Training at maximum develop the maximum oxygen consumption (IPC), short muscle fibers and eventually - the power and speed of running, and the intervals on Pano - high-speed endurance, the recycling of the lactate, is taught to run in a competitive pace. The intervals also develop pulse variability, that is, the ability to quickly restore the pulse after the load.
However, one should not forget that the training of this kind should be proceeding only after passing the stage of creating a base - running in the aerobic zone.
Power Exercises for Runners
Runners are useful to include in their training schedule exercises, developing muscle groups involved when running. Training can be different types: power exercises with weights, pliometric, functional workout, balance exercises. The positive effect gives stretching, as it improves the elasticity of the muscles and thereby protects against injuries.
Special attention should be paid to the following zones:
- feet, ankle;
- Muscles of legs: front and rear surface of the hip, buttocks, caviar;
- Cor: Press and back, including muscle-stabilizers.
How to choose the race and take part in it
The race is excellent motivation for training. This is an interesting experience in my own: there is a distance in the company of like-minded people in the covered streets of the city or in nature, to feel the atmosphere of the event, and - part of the popular running movement, finally implement your goal, cross the finish line and get a medal - all this brings unforgettable emotions . But that the race does not become a torment, you need to choose it, following some rules and common sense:
- Calculate your strength and time to prepare; The newcomer fleeing the marathon in two months is not worth it;
- For the first race, choose a comfortable distance, for example, 5 km;
- The first time it is better to escape in your city so that there is no additional stress associated with the unusual situation, hotels and movement facilities;
- Get the starting kit in advance, not on the day of the race;
- Do not delay the receipt of a medical certificate (if necessary) at the last moment;
- Come to the start in advance so that there is enough time to change clothes and find your sector in the starting corridor;
- Explore the Rules, timetable and scheme of the starting town;
- Wear the most convenient and proven equipment, the race is not a place to test new sneakers.
Mass skies: how to take part and how much it costs
Main errors beginner runners
Beginner runners tend to make a series of typical errors. It is better to know about them in advance and avoid them:
- Too quick running or too much run - it leads to overtraining, injury and psychological burnout;
- The absence of days of rest - the consequences are the same;
- Wrong selection of sneakers and the rest of the equipment;
- insufficient use of fluid;
- Clothing is not weather - remember that at the beginning of the jogging should be cool;
- absence of offp or power training;
- Running contrary to pain - direct path to injury; The pain is a way of the body to show that something is wrong, so when it appears, the load should be reduced, it will allow you to recover and do not bring to a serious injury.
How to maintain motivation and make a race habit
Situation, when, after some time after the start of sports, people throw him, often. The first time there is an euphoria from something new and determination, but then a boredom comes to shift and lack of motivation. How to go through this stage and continue training?
- Remember that for which you started, which goal was put in front of you. Is it still relevant? If you have achieved it, you do not want to save the achieved? Or maybe you want to go further and put new goals?
- Think why Motivation disappeared. Maybe first the progress was fast, and now as if stopped? If this is so, remember that the progress of the physical form is waveled: it is secured by achieving a new level, and only then a new round begins.
- Write yourself what comes you running. What changed in life, what results did physically achieve, what psychological changes have occurred since how did you start running? Maybe started new familiar runners?
- If every time it is difficult to go on a jog, try such a psychological trick: decide to follow the program for a week (month). Having accepted this decision, follow him, not doubting each training session. Then each new jog will become part of the implementation of the plan already accepted, and it will not make sense to make a decision again.
- Diverse Running: Change the route, change the playlist, turn on the audiobook or podcast instead of music, buy a new windbreaker. All these changes work as good motivators.
- Look back and rate how much work has already been done. Throw to run now would mean to abandon the results of these efforts.
- Sign up for the race, you can start with five kilometers. Running events are a special atmosphere, and the fact of participation is well motivated to prepare for the distance.
Run gives much more than just the ability to burn calories and spend energy. He introduces a lot of new things: from the opportunity to be alone with him to feel stronger and hardy, from active meditation, self-reflection until the ability to make new friends.
Not all these advantages are revealed immediately, for many of them you need to run for a long time. When the next time it will want to skip the workout, think about what you are so deprived.
Summing up this guide for a beginner runner, you can collect together the key regulations that it is useful to know anyone who is going to start your journey.
- It is necessary to train regularly, but making days of relaxation between training: for the beginning there are enough three workouts per week.
- The ramp of the run should be unprecedented, in the aerobic zone, that is, such a load at which you can run and lead a conversation.
- If there is shortness of breath on the run and the pulse is strongly rising, running and walking alternate.
- The load should be increased smoothly.
- It is advisable to combine strength training, OFP and SBU with running.
- Choosing equipment, you should give priority to quality, functionality and convenience, and also remember that the clothes should not fade movement, and sneakers should be more.
- Dressed on the run follows so that at the beginning of the workout it was cool.
- To achieve the results in weight loss, follow the nutrition and combine different types of workouts.
- High intensity interval training should be added to the training plan only after the stage of working out the base - run in the aerobic zone is completed.
- Swells should be selected in accordance with their capabilities and based on the preparation of time.
Remember, running, like any activity, brings fruit if it is carried out systematically and regularly. Therefore, the main thing is not to give up training and move forward, and the result will not make yourself wait!
Start running - a popular desire from the list of cases on Monday or New Year. Everyone has their own reasons for this: match fashion, lose weight, strengthen health, run the marathon or triathlon Ironman. Regardless of the goals, you need to start running correctly. We collected in one article all that can come in handy a novice runner and answered the most frequent questions.
How to start running for weight loss
Running is not the most effective means for weight loss, but good addition to controlling calorie consumption. And at 2 and 3 degrees of obesity, it is prohibited at all. The degree of obesity can be determined by body mass index (BMI). Before running, you need to reduce your weight to the state of "resource" using the power control. From activity, you can use fast walking, Scandinavian walking, swimming, bike, skiing - everything that does not carry a huge burden on the joints. About Scandinavian walking read in the article The benefits and harm of the Scandinavian walk .
How to start running: answers to basic questions
What sneakers run?
Running is the most affordable sport, but this does not mean that you can run in what it fell. Start running in old sneakers - direct path to injury. If an experienced runner can even run by barefoot, then a newcomer is contraindicated due to weak muscles and joints.
Purchase running sneakers. It is not necessary to take the most expensive, but it is not necessary for the cheapness. In order not to make a mistake in the choice, read our Begovy Sneakers Guide Of more than 20 articles.
What clothes are suitable for running?
Running clothes should be from synthetics. Cotton is gaining moisture, keeps it, becomes heavy and rubs. Good running clothing consists of polyester, elastane, polyamide and other synthetic materials. Cotton, flax and other natural materials are good for everyday use, but not for running. Read more in our articles:
How fast to run?
The easiest and most affordable criterion is a conversation during running. The correct pace of the novice runner should allow freely to talk. Do not squeeze out 2 words, but to speak full offers. If you can't do it - start from walking. Regular training will rapidly strengthen the cardiovascular system, muscles and joints, help to avoid unpleasant pain in side during running . You will not notice how gradually easily go on running. And most importantly: do not hesitate to low speed running, health is more important than those surrounding!
How much to run beginner?
Milometers are important, but the load time. Focus on moments. Start workouts from 30 minutes: 5 minutes walk for warm-up + 20 minutes of main workout (running, walking, alternation of running and walking) + 5 minutes walk for the hitch.
At the initial stage, there are enough 2-3 workouts per week. The body needs to have time to recover after the load, joints - grow up. To progress in the run, follow the sequence 3 of the workout rules: regularity, duration, intensity. It is in this order that you need to develop your workouts. First achieve regularity for several weeks, then gradually increase the duration and only after that, intensity to increase the load there is a rule of 10% per week. For example, if a week spent 90 minutes of workouts, then next week spend no more than 100 minutes.
When is it better to run: in the morning or in the evening?
For some reason, in the consciousness of people they fastened that it was necessary to run in the morning - this is a stereotype. Run when convenient, but stick to simple rules:
- In the morning do not run right after awakening, give the body to wake up, make a workout
- Evening run run 2 hours before sleep so that the nervous system calms down and sleep was strong
If there are exceptions to rules, use Melatonin to facilitate fallback .
How to breathe during running?
The rule is simple - breathe how it is convenient for you. You do not need to rap yourself with breathing through the nose or adjust your breath under the steps. The body itself knows how best. In detail the theme of breathing during the run we reviewed in the article How to breathe during running in winter in the summer .
How to start running correctly: running technique
The correct technique of running will allow running economically for a long time and without injury. It is difficult to master it yourself, so it is better to take several classes with a trainer, and then you can work yourself. If classes with a trainer are not for you, then read our article about Proper technique running .
Where better to run?
Many options: park, city, stadium, running track. Depends on availability. The best option is of course the park. The stadium can bother like a treadmill. On the treadmill, it is convenient to start the first jogging, because the repulsion phase is easier. The leg itself rides back on the track, it remains only to put another forward.
If there is no park nearby, you can run around the city. Then lay the route at a less ridden streets, run early in the morning or late in the evening when low traffic.
Applications and gadgets for running
For the convenience of conducting a training diary, use sports gadgets. It can be a sports watch with a pulsometer, fitness bracelets, a smartphone app. This will be easier to track the load and the total weekly exercise.
Video: How to start running beginner
Video from the canal "Running, Health, Beauty"
A source: TRAINING365.U.
Great desire to have a slim, driven body and how it is difficult to find the forces to change your life for the better. The diet does not bring its results, the weight goes, and the body remains unattractive. It remains a proven and reliable way to bring the body in order - running. We all start running to run about the same thing - an inner voice that is dissatisfied with the position of affairs. He arises when rising to the third floor, you realize that there was a sword and light weakness in the legs. Or when a manned guy or a slim girl passed by.
How to start running from scratch?
Going to the streets of the city you can meet the people running to the meeting. For a walk, there are 5 runners on average. And someone once said that "Run came out of fashion" - no matter how much. Today, many people decide to start running and sport in general is gaining popularity. Running is the most affordable and effective tool for modeling a dream body.
Armed with sneakers and sportswear on the weather, you can safely begin training. It seems to be simple, once and ran. It's true. However, there are techniques that are capable of doing wonders in a short time: the distance increases, the speed of running grows, the body becomes slim.
Training program running
Every self-respecting athlete must know what awaits him in training today. A particularly relevant the topic becomes for beginners who simply do not know what to do? The answer is simple - to arm the running program and tips below.
|1 day||Slimming 30 seconds by pace of 30% of the maximum speed. Slow stop. Make 3 deep breaths and exhalations. Go through 30 seconds and repeat first. Repeat 5 times.|
|2 day||Run 30 seconds by pace of 40% of the maximum. Follow the restoration recommendations. Repeat 6 times.|
|3 day||Increase the time to 45 seconds and run 30% temp. Restore breathing. Rest time remains 30 seconds. Repeat 5 times.|
|4 day||Try to run 1 kilometer as the proposed option. Accelerate up to 40% of the maximum tempo within 15 seconds, then run for a coward of 15 seconds. Accelerate again. During the passage of the distance, it is impossible to go on a walk.|
|5 day||Gradually increase the distance at the same time reducing the time of the jogging. Do not let yourself go to walking. The pace can be reduced to 20%.|
Tip 1. To avoid pain in the muscles after training runs, make a boot.
Zaminka - slow jogging after performing long load on the legs.
You can perform the harness on the way home in the running mode of the coward.
Tip 2. Having come home to accept the contrast shower. Alternate hot and cool water for a minute to 5 seconds per temperature. If it does not work, just accept the shower.
Someone will say, but what about the warm-up? Running and there is a warm-up. Start with a slow run and gradually increase the tempo until you feel that it has achieved the optimal speed.
How to run?
Nature contributed to our genotype the ability to run almost from diaper. However, learning right to run still needed.
- Stopping feet takes place from the heel on the sock.
- Try to make every step as much as possible.
- Follow the foot length. The wider step, the higher the speed of running.
- Keep your back smoothly. The sutween spin changes the center of gravity, and the load on the legs becomes excessive. Try to run easily.
- Control the height of the knees. The higher the knees rise, the greater the amount of energy is spent.
- Keep the torso. During the running, the body should not turn. The shoulders remain on the same line.
- Activity of hands at a minimum. Bend your hands in the elbow joint and run. Hands will occur by inertia.
- Control the situation. Scientists claim that the run is useful, because it requires frequent rotation of the eye to the approaching items. Be on a check, look under your feet and pay attention to passersby.
Breathing plays a key role in achieving the result. The ability of the muscles effectively depends on the dosage of oxygen, which is delivered in the desired amount at the right time through blood.
Standard advice that we told us in school "Breathing nose exhalation mouth" It stops working when running part of the distance, the need to make short frequent breaths and exhalations. I want to grab the mouth as much as possible. To all colitis in the side.
Several tricks will help you successfully start running ,Exclude extra difficulties.
Inhaling the nose exhalation of mouth - the correct technique? In fact, yes. Ideal if the respiratory cycle occurs in this form.
There are several reasons for this.
- Inhalation occurs under the difference in atmospheric pressure of the external environment and lungs. Thus, the breath is an arbitrary action. Exhaler is forced.
- Inhale smooth and more long than exhalation. The nose for this task is suitable. Making deep exhalation, the lungs are empty on 3-4 liters of air and the mouth cavity is able to skip such a volume for a second.
Runners are not accustomed to breathe correctly can experience dizziness and sowing. Therefore, try to breathe in the nose, and sweep the mouth, but learn this gradually.
If the colitis on the right - the liver hurts, the left is the spleen.
The reasons why he can prick in side can naturally be different. Usually due to the load, to which the authorities did not have time to adapt.
The shooter includes different sets of clothing, depending on the pore threshold and temperature on the street. Shoes have remained unchanged.
What should be sneakers?
Light ~ 400 grams, sock is easy to bend, springing heel.
Why exactly sneakers?
A distinctive feature of the sneakers from the ked is their preparedness for the type of load. If such items like ease and soft sock can have both options, the heel of the kample does not have a spring effect. Little detail, but plays an important role, because With constant use of a ked as a shoe for running at the athlete "a heel" is knocked down, which later leads to pains in the knees. In addition, it will be easier to run in sneakers, because A higher heel promotes advance.
As a rule, the equipment runner in the summer has a short view: T-shirt, shorts.
Sneakers. Lightweight, soft sock, spring heel.
Socks. There is a lot of disputes about the length of the socks. Finish the opinion that they should be short. And of course to make the skin to breathe.
Shorts. Must be above the knee, so as not to constrain the movement forward. Well fixed, for example with a cord or tight rubber band.
T-shirt. Must allow the skin to breathe. It should not be shy to the movement of hands, preferably fitted, with a short sleeve or without it without it (T-shirt).
Equipment in the winter should not allow air directly to penetrate the body. Standard set of equipment: socks, sneakers, sports pants, Olympic (bike), gloves, hat.
Socks. Now it's not worth talking about the length. It is important that the socks are comfortable and do not close the foot in sneakers.
Sneakers. All the same lungs and comfortable. Some runners specially acquire sneakers with a more studded sole for a better clutch on a slippery surface.
Sports trousers. There are no special criteria. The only desired point is the warm inner part. Knitted pants are suitable good for this purpose.
Olympian. The collar must close the throat from the counter cold air. The sleeve can be with a rubber band. Bike will be warmer. It is worth noting that the choice is to comfort for everyone.
Gloves. Mandatory attribute with which many beginners run neglect. During running hands, the outer side of the brush is especially active, especially freezes. Through the hands comes out a lot of heat.
Cap. The leader in keeping the heat is the hat. Through the head comes out more heat than through hands. An alternative can serve as a headband or a hood of a bike - better than nothing.
In the case, when spring comes out cold, and late autumn warm, remember the simple rule: +15 and above - a short form of clothing, +14 and below - a long version of the equipment.
What if you don't want to run today?
Quite natural behavior for people decided to regularly go on a jog. Run lovers remember how she did not want to run in front of a tiring day or after a crazy day. Muscular fatigue also affects the first workout.
What to do?
On the occupation runs 1 hour:
- 15 minutes Preparation for training (dressing equipment, access to the site for running)
- 15-30 minutes run.
- 15 minutes Taking a shower after training session.
The most difficult is to go outside. As soon as you left the residential premises and went to the workout site - the occupation took place. During run, try to install the installation: to breathe correctly, follow the movement of hands, legs, torso, be careful.
Ebupping yourself once, the next will be easier.
Many do not decide to start running, because boring. Make a joy of a cheerful occupation!
Sports unity thing is good. Seeing a running person's meeting, greet it, offer "give five" or show him a class and he will certainly answer. Raise your mood and others!
Find a partner. Make a company can a friend or girlfriend, a colleague or a person who once gave "five"! There are many communities where people of different cities are looking for a partner for running, just for the company and new acquaintances. Try it's interesting!
Try to speed up. Dial the speed and run faster than a few meters back. Feel how you start to soar in the air. This is not a metaphor, but literal feeling!
Music. To entertain and melting is capable of good music. However, there are limitations in which this passion is to avoid. After running in headphones, the concentration of attention is lost. Especially applies if the training route runs across the road. If we are confident that running a few kilometers, you will not lose the reaction to what is happening around, you can safely use headphones.Photo: Legion-Media
Run Popular intensive countries. It helps to keep strength, health and beauty. To lessons were beneficial to them need to Carefully prepare, learn Running correctly .
How to start running from scratch
For Bega Normalization. One wants to lose weight, the other is to unload the spine, the third energous energy and improve the mood. What can Help to begin Training :
- run SDFLES, like-minded people;
- Music in a player that is convenient to take with you Runner ;
- View Bloga - other people's successes motivate well;
- Thoughts on communication with new people;
- the ability to examine the city with pedestrian routes;
- Preparing for events, sports holidays related to run ;
- Buying shoes and clothing intended for Sport .
What time of year it is better to start a newcomer
For the first acquaintance with run need to Select better dry weather. Middle April-May, August-October. There are no heat in the ethawn, light at 7-9 in the morning and until 20-21 pm.
Check out the weather forecast in advance, select a week of evictions and with a weak wind. If the first impression is spoiled, then the occupation can be postponed for a long time.
What time of day it is worth running
Training Also assigned to the routine of the day. Well, if there is an opportunity to do it ever and not hot. Optimal time for classes:
- Morning. In the fall, in winter and in the spring it is better to wait until it breaks. Many love run In the summer of 4-5 am, while the city is sleeping and cool.
- Evening. 19-21 hours are suitable for those who want to raise the mood at the end of the day and quickly sleep.
During the day they do not run for several reasons:
- It is difficult to relate with lunch;
- Summer and spring is hot;
- Many people on the streets;
- Does not allow the routine of the day.
If there is a desire and time, it is useful to run across the accomplice-another sunny April afternoon.
Where is the best run
For Training Newbies choose a flat, well-lit terrain. It helps to save pace during classes, minimize, Injuries .
Good fits park, long asphalt path in the courtyards, stadium. Can run A built-up houseroom with conditions. Slipping paving slabs is not suitable.
In place for classes should not run Dogs, ride cars. For runs in the dark need to Lighting from lanterns. Always desirable for your own security.
In bad weather, it is convenient to train on Running tracks.
How to start running right
At the beginning Training important right Distribute forces. First classes are better to start in Tempe Fast walk, then gradient speed. This will help to warm Muscles , Put your breath.
Runner Important about the position of the body. Not Forget Kindls right, relax your shoulders, rhythmically move your hands in the beat with your feet, look ahead.
Before Job required Workout it will help smoothly to begin Run. By time Bega Pulse Must be rhythmic.
How to dress on a jog
Seasonality of clothing is the main criterion for choosing clothes jogging. For a runner at any time of year, it is important that clothes are well removal. In summer, clothes should cool, and in winter it is important in clothing. Clothing and for the marathon, and for running training should not be natural fabrics, such as cotton, because He accumulates moisture and in winter exercise such clothing can lead to supercooling and cause colds. Best for the runner is suitable for clothing from high-tech materials, specially designed for loads with high intensity.
Basic criteria for selecting clothes for running:
- Things should be made of elastic materials;
- tightly lay down to the body;
- quickly dug moisture;
- Do not have any internal protruding seams to prevent friction - perfect;
- Clothing for running through the streets must be equipped with reflective elements;
- Clothes for running in cold times should provide thermoregulation and protection against wind and rain.
Options for what can train Beginner :
- in summer and in hot weather - light shorts or short taiters for runners, T-shirt, for women - sports sconce;
- In cool weather in clothing there must be 2-3 layers, for example - T-shirt, Long Slot, Windbreaker, Long Tites;
- In winter, clothes should consist of 3 layers, for example - thermal underwear, cliff, windbreaker, insulated taites, gloves.
In addition, for runners with vascular or muscular problems, there may be relevant compression clothing, which helps the proclaiming of vascular diseases, reduces pain in the limbs, increases the acidic exchange, and during long-term loads, additional support for the risk of injury.Photo: Legion-Media
What sneakers run
The choice of shoes is a responsible moment that helps make run easier, easier and more productive. How to choose sneakers :
- Must have amortizing elements on the heel, sock;
- flexible sole, soft top;
- Inserts from rubber, resistant to abrasion;
- asymmetric lacing;
- removable insole;
- Made of breathable materials (not leather);
- Pair weight not more than 400 g;
- Mandatory orientation on the floor - women's and men's models are distinguished, according to the characteristics of the structure of the foot;
- footwear Must correspond to the width of the foot and the height of its arch, size.
Need to Remember that summer shoes flogs quickly, it is easy to frozen in it with a cool autumnist. For the cold season we need a winter version of sneakers.
How fast to run
Optimum speed Bega for beginners - not higher than 8 km / h. Hour numbers for Training - About 4-6 km / h. Not need to try run Faster, IMPORTANT QUALITY MAIRLESHOOTING EDUCATIONS.
At high tempo runner It will exhale, breathing and pulse The occupation will have to quickly complete.
It is best to navigate the special training programs that can include different types of running on the development of various running skills and the development of the raw rogging force, such as - aerobic running, fartlek, relaxed running, control run, sprint, interval Running, speed running, running top hills.
How much run beginners
The volume of load at the very beginning is determined by physical preparation, age, weighing, the presence of disease in humans.
Training programs for beginner runners can be found winternet or ask your coach to show a plan to which you will be.
Such training programs for beginners are advised to run no more than 15-45 minutes in a calm tempo. If you can not run all this time, try the interval run, for example - to run 1 minute, and then go to step 1 minute. Different days should be chopped. And do not forget about rest at least 1-2 days a week.
An increase in the load should be gradually for a week longer than 9 minutes and no more than 1 km.
Do I need to run every day
If we are talking about short jogging for 20-30 minutes, then they can be started after adaptation Loads . This lasts 2-3 weeks from the start of classes. With good tolerability, acceptable weather conditions, enthusiasts are trained every day. In the rain, the imorts is better to stay at home, run in place or running track.
In daily longs jogging There is no benefit for the untrained organism. It makes no sense to give loads as well, because:
- Muscles Do not have time to recover, there will be many micro-sens, bruises;
- Pains will appear in the legs, back, preventing training;
- a great test for the heart and blood vessels, which confirms the growing increasing pulse ;
- It grows appetite, which leads to weight gain.
Enough to do 3 times a week if run 40 minutes and more, gradual increase time.Photo: Legion-Media
How to breathe during running
With any physical load, the respiratory frequency is expected. This is necessary for adequate supply of oxygen working muscles, carbon dioxide delivery.
Experienced, trained runners can some time breathe nose at the beginning of the race for beginners it is difficult. They are reflexed to grab the air of the mouth, they will get tired and quickly exhaus. Therefore, it is better to immediately immediately disorderly breathe through the nose, and exhalation through the mouth.
Breathing should be rhythm, independent of short-range. With an increase in the frequency of breathing and exhalations, the volume of the arrivals is reduced, as a result, carbon dioxide and lactic acid begin to accumulate. Etodytes to the feeling of fatigue, the body needs to be paused, recover.
If the runner feels the need to stop and drop, then need to Go to step, not try run further. From this, nothing is unlikely, and a lot of time will spend on vacation.
What is before running and after it
The basic rules concerning nutrition for those who are engaged in:
- Breakfast or afternoon should be no earlier than 2 hours before Jogging . If eating before Training, then a full stomachbag will interfere - give weight, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, fast fatigue, take the strength to digestion.
- During Training You need to drink at least 250 ml of simple water without gas. Next, bring the volume to the half-liter divided into several techniques.
- 15-40 minutes after graduation Jogging Need to eat. For losing weight, an apple, a pear, watermelon, for those who do not seek to lose weight - 300 mlfrute juice with a piece of white bread or baton.
- Before Training You can eat a porridge with fruit, boiled egg, a slice of cheese with bread, a drinking and slip product. If this is not enough, and the hunger will be hunger during Jogging , Mortify the content of proteins and complex carbohydrates. It is not recommended to rod nazhira and fiber.
- An hour after the occupation, it is necessary to build it difficult to reinforce. In a meal, proteins must prevail, then carbohydrates come, then fats. Boiled or stewed chicken, a piece of black bread, vegetable salad, fastened with oil or millet, semolina on milk with butter.
After Bega It is important to replenish the deficit of protein and calories. Otherwise, the flow will go Muscles and fat fabric will not decrease.
Running plan for beginners
The beginners are easier to go to the goal when there is clear algorithms. Plan of alternation walk and Bega on the first 10 weeks:
- 1st week - 8 minutes walk, 4 minutes Bega behind Training ;
- 2nd week - 6 minutes walk, 6 Bega ;
- 3rd week - 4 minutes walk, 8 Bega ;
- 4th week - 6 minutes walk, 10 Bega ;
- 5th week - 14 minutes Bega , 6 walk;
- 6th week - 16 minutes Bega , 4 walking;
- 7th week - 18 minutes run, 2 walking.
Further, walking time is reduced to minute, starting from 10-Udeli only running. End Training Recommended by a five minute walk.
If there is forces, then you can increase the specified time in 1.5rd.Photo: Legion-Media
Errors when running
People tend to use much experienced. Non-slip and for Runners . Invoors Run They make a chapset:
- Wish to achieve much immediately. This leads to irrationally enlarged Loads , Injuries , painful syndrome.
- We have poor-quality things and shoes. Materials that do not transmit air lead to a violation of thermal exchange.
- Tightly eaten directly before classes or after them. The weight of the novice runner is uncomfortable, and often increases.
- Do not drink water during the race. The loss of fluid leads to the thickness of the blood, the violation of the electrolyte balance, loads the kidneys.
- Energy bars begin to eat protein cocktails in quantities that exceed the need of the body. It leads to the load on the liver, kidneys, increases body weight.
To avoid mistakes, make up an action plan.
How to start running for weight loss
To begin Priced, the main thing is to want it. In order to reduce weight, you need run At least 3 times a week, 30-40 minutes and longer. Not Forget Oradea - reduce fats and carbohydrates, eat fiber, squirrels, drink water. Control the meal after running.
In the case when run Poulice causes embarrassment, you can start classes with a treadmill at home. Lib mill route through rooms, if possible. Highly raised knees of calories burned.
More complex option - run On the stairs. Fast rise and descent on steps give a greater load on Muscles , Muscular apparatus, bundles, joints, heart, buttocks, press, back muscles are better. Bolshish energy, but also fatigue Runner Under such conditions faster.
Good results gives the interval option. Etching of high-intensity loads with dynamic recreation. Beginners can be 6 minutes run On the stairs, then 2 minutes to walk.
With the right approach, it is possible to reduce the weight of 1-2 kg of the Zedel, which is physiologically.
Workout before running for beginners
Proper stretch, preceding classes, preservatives, ligaments and joints from excess load, will extend the time of classes, save the saber after Training . Surveillance of simple Exercise :
- cramped and rotation with hands;
- tilting torso forward, back, right, left;
- Turns of the hull;
- Looking forward and sides.
Workout It takes 5-10 minutes, then you can go to walking in a fast pace. Another 5-7 minutes and raise the classes. For Runners With experience enough fast walking.
Running is universal training , Helping to normalize the weight, bring muscles into tone, improve your mood. Cash classes at any age, most importantly, make it competent and unhapt to see the results.
Running for beginners is the best way of physical exertion, because it is one of the most simple and useful sports activities that heals and beneficially affects the human body. As with any sport, the most difficult thing is to start.
In this material we will tell about how it is better to prepare a newcomer and adapt to the run, share information about the best places for jogs, we will tell about what clothes and shoes are better to wear. We will also pay attention to training programs, let's talk about the importance of the warm-up and give some tips on the occupation of running.
Put the goal and develop a training scheme
Decide for what purpose you are planning to run. Usually, something comes from the list below:
- Lose weight;
- Improve physical training;
- Prepare for running competitions;
- Training to run a certain distance (usually long distances or marathons);
- Distract from routine concerns;
- Join the running party and find new acquaintances.
The target depends on the purpose - the preparation of the training plan, its intensity, the frequency of workouts, etc.
An adequate plan of occupations is important, it will help you to distribute the load depending on the level of physical training and will prevent optional injuries that may occur due to the body overloads.
If you want to thoroughly approach this case - consult an individual plan to professional coach. It will cost your money, but you will know exactly what they do in accordance with the recommendations of an experienced person.
You can find a group and train together - a good way to make new acquaintances and a pleasant time. However, the average level of the group can be both significantly higher and significantly lower than yours - find out about it before starting classes.
The easiest option for drawing up the plan will use the running applications that provide various training programs, as well as the ability to compile yours.
Clothes and footwear for beginners run
If you think superficially, it seems that for running, in addition to convenient shoes, nothing is required - it is not. The clothes are also extremely important. Here are some tips for the selection of running equipment:
- Pay attention to the material from which the clothes are made. For running, special models made of synthetic fabrics, which are removed moisture and help her quickly evaporate. When buying, focus on well-known brands that have proven themselves in the market. Familiarize yourself with the composition of the fabric and its characteristics - they are described in detail on the label;
- Convenience - clothes must be free, and shoes should not rub and provide complete comfort in motion;
- Take care of the functionality: pockets, fasteners, inserts, reflecting light will be useful in the dark;
- Comfort accessories - headband, gloves, phone holder, water bag, all these things can make a jog easier and more pleasant.
Any training should begin with a warm-up, it will reduce the likelihood of various injuries and will prepare the body to load. Before running there are several workout options:
- Exercises for general physical training are performed within 7-10 minutes;
- Walking, jogging or easy run for 15 minutes;
- Workout of the joints - circular movements in the knees, shoulders, neck, ankle, etc.;
- Self-massage - improves blood circulation in the muscles.
Do not forget to warm up before each occupation, it is impossible to neglect. Newbies often forget about the warm-up, which sometimes leads to muscular and other types of injury.
What time is it better to run
They say that it is better to run in the morning. It depends on your biorhythms and the state of the body at one time or another. Someone is really convenient to get up at 6 am and starting your day with an invigorating jog in the fresh air, and someone is difficult to do it.
Run in the most comfortable time. Avoid the scorching sun and do not run at noon - get a sun blow or overheat. Take into account the weather conditions and find the best time for training. Take off the body by this time and there will be much easier.
Where better to run
Running classes are usually held in three places: on the street, on a treadmill and in sports manages or indoor stadiums. The best option will be a jog in the fresh air, however, when the weather does not allow, you can go to the fitness room or if you have a treadmill, speaking at home. Remember the nuances that distinguish on the street on the street on a running simulator:
- The load on the treadmill differs from running on the street - the oncoming wind is missing and running becomes easier. There is an angle of inclination for this that can be adjusted;
- The running technique on the running simulator is different from the usual running on the street because of the need to constantly save a small angle of tilt the body forward;
Consider the main advantages and cons running on the simulator and the usual running workout on the street:
- Can be engaged at any time, regardless of weather conditions;
- You can control the rate of running;
- In parallel, you can watch the video, putting a phone or tablet in front of you;
- Smooth surface, unlike asphalt on the street;
- Freshly air, like on the street, it will not be enough;
- Legs are not getting used to the hard street surface;
- You can not run by the company, with friends;
- Boring and monotonous.
Read our material on the topic "The best running tracks for the house."
Running on the street, pluses:
- The run is in vivo;
- Fresh air;
- The sun gives the body vitamin D;
- The tempo is regulating themselves and soon learn how to feel comfortable for you;
- You can combine jogging with affairs, for example, run somewhere in cases;
- Training depend on the weather;
- Unevenness of asphalt or other coating can cause injury;
- Machines, animals, people and other dangers;
Thus, the best option will be combining the running room and on the street. In the case of good weather, the choice is obvious, in the case of a bad - gym or treadmill at home.
Another important nuance is a coating for running. In urban area:
- Asphalt is the most popular coverage in the city. Hard, places with ughabs and depadies. You need to be careful and looking under your feet. It is also better to use special running insoles that will soften contact with coated soles;
- Concrete is a rigid coating, excessive load on the legs. Plus everything is traumatic;
- Tile - worse asphalt in terms of hardness and irregularities, you can unsuccessfully stupid and get injured;
- Artificial coating in the Manege or in the stadium is the best option for running. Legs get a smaller load, not so tired.
Outside the city:
- The soil is dirty, it may be slippery in the rain, but in dry weather it is rather gently and unimportantly for the joints;
- Sand - Vyazko, to run uncomfortable, but sometimes such a coating should be used in training activities for the development of muscle stabilizers and the strengthening of the body;
- Snow is uncomfortable, especially if the depth is big. On the insertion snow as a whole, you can run, but there is a risk of stupid and damage the ankle;
How much run beginners
Decide with the days of training, for a start, three days a week will be quite enough. Training Day, one holiday day is an excellent schedule that will allow the body to completely restore after classes.
Below are two cross-country training schemes for beginners.
Scheme run №1:
|A week||Running time, minutes||Walking duration, minutes||The number of repetitions||Total Training Time, minutes|
Scheme run №2:
- 1 week: 3 minutes of run, 2 minutes walk - 6 episodes, in the amount of 30 minutes.
- 2 weeks: 4 minutes run, 2 minutes walk - 5 episodes, in the amount of 30 minutes.
- 3 weeks: 5 minutes of running, 2 minutes walk - 4-5 episodes, in the amount of about 28-35 minutes.
- 4 week: 5 minutes run, 1 minute walk - 5 episodes, in the amount of 30 minutes.
- 5 week: 30 minutes run.
- 6 week: 35 minutes of running.
- 7 week: 40 minutes run.
- 8 week: 45 minutes running.
Tips for running
- Start with normal walk if run is given hard. So you gradually get used to and go to light, and then a moderate rapid pace;
- Try to build training with the alternation of running and walk to give the body to adapt to the loads. 3 minutes of running, 2 minutes walk and so on;
- Classes should be regular: Choose a few days a week and constantly engage, do not miss training. Gradually increase the time and intensity of the run;
- Good warm-up is a guarantee of lack of injury. Do not forget to warm up to each workout, warm up your muscles well and prepare the body to the loads;
- After training, make stretching and restorative exercises, it will help the muscles easier to carry the load and not "clogging".
Read our tips "How to breathe during the run".
Errors when running
Running just seems simple, in fact, even running it is necessary to properly and avoid some errors described below.
Errors when running:
- Excessive speed of running or too long training, as a result: injuries, scored muscles, depressed psychological state;
- The wrong choice of clothes and shoes for running also leads to injuries, calls and other inconveniences during training;
- During intense training, you need to drink water, dehydration of the body - the unpleasant thing;
- Running through pain - leads to the worst consequences and injuries;
- Delog not the weather - you can get sick or vice versa, overheat;
- Daily workouts - a mistake. It is necessary to give a full-fledged organism.
Where to run if on the street
If the window is dark, damp and unpleasant, and even more so ice and snow, you need to find a comfortable place for training. Options are as follows:
- Treadmill at home;
- Treadmill in the fitness room;
- Running on the spot;
- Running in the covered Manege or stadium;
The best will be the best option - the most real conditions and gentle for the legs will allow you to conduct an efficient and high-quality training. Also, the ventilability of such premises is much higher, it will breathe comfortable and freer. There is also an opportunity to train in a group or with a personal trainer - also plus to run in a manneva.
Start running from scratch not easy. No need to force yourself and train against your desire and will, so exactly nothing will work.
Determine the goal, select days for training, make up the training plan and week to progress, improve your results. As soon as you feel that the body has adapted to running training, they will become much more pleasant and more fun.
Big plus run - apparent simplicity and accessibility. No need coach, equipment or subscription to fitness club. I went out on the street - and ran. In part it is. But at the same time someone's run can harm something. And for all people - it can be done more efficiently than now. All important aspects of running - in the most detailed manual.
Motivation to Begu
Again decided that from next Monday start running? First you need to understand why you need it. And then you can quickly stop, losing motivation. Sometimes not even time to start.
Most run simply "for health." Many people are for weight loss. Some are preparing for any run, because the last time is popular.
But each goal determines its optimal ways to achieve it.
Benefit from health run
There are many research on the benefits of cardiotrements in general and running training in particular. By summarizing their conclusions, summarize:
- Improved cardiovascular system.
Given the large number of diseases of the cardiovascular system, running is important and good prophylaxis. You increase the tone of the heart muscle.
- Improving the nervous system.
You can overcome depression, bring the nervous system to the balance. Often, after running, the mood is increased due to the emission of catecholamines, and follow and the performance. If not - perhaps you do something wrong. :)
- Strengthening the body as a whole, improving physical form.
Running improves immunity, allows you to be more vigorous, affects the rebuilding of the hormonal sphere. The blood circulation improves and oxygen flows to the tissues. Running has a positive effect on the formation and renewal of cells, fabrics, muscle structures.
- To extend the quality of life.
All items above comprehensively affect your longevity and quality of life. According to the coach Alexei Nemtsov, 1 hour run per week on the middle pulse is very useful for the heart. It prolongs the work of the heart, for which you tell yourself thank you closer to the pension.
- Other bonuses.
It is usually running on the street, in the parks, and staying in the fresh air is useful. This is also a form of hardening, with any weather. And even for some running - in fact the form of meditation.
Run to lose weight
Running is not the best way to lose weight. The main role in weight reduction is played by food and calorie deficiency: there is less than spending. Physical exertion is carried only auxiliary effect.
Moreover, strength training for fat burning affects no worse Cardio. Therefore, you want to lose weight - organize your food. Cardiovascular and power training programs will be important, but only additional steps.
Running and muscle set
If you want to gain muscle mass, running and can be superfluous. There are many disputes, you need running when muscles set. No wonder so many jokes about swing and cardio.
And even considering that the run is needed, argue: need short or long jogs, intervals or uniform jogging. In order not to argue, let's focus on three basic facts:
- Yes, perhaps, run is hampered by the growth of muscles, their hypertrophy.
- The shorter and calmly running - the minimal is the impact unpleasant for bodybuilders.
- In any case, running there are many positive effects. And the benefits of them exceeds the possible weight loss even for "swing".
It seems very simple to run. We are somehow running from childhood, it is most natural as possible for us, like walking.
All running equipment is needed not for complicating the process, but for its greater efficiency. To save your strength and minimize injuries. Therefore, we will give below the basic theses about the position of all parts of the body during running.
- Right run is a permanent fall.
You need to tilt the housing, start falling and putting the leg exactly under the center of gravity of the body. This is achieved saving forces.
Maximum just understand and work out it like this. Stand up at the door jamb, go about two hands about his edge and lean at 5-7 degrees. Now let go hands. You will start falling - and not to fall, substitute foot. And continue moving on, without changing the angle of tilt of the body.
No need to jump up and sink down. You just alternately substitute your legs under the "falling" body.
- No need to be blown up, folding the housing back;
- No need to tilt the housing forward (additionally to the inclination along the axis of the whole body);
- No need to swing to the left-right, it reduces the efficiency of running;
- Muscles of the bark (complex of muscles responsible for stabilization of the pelvis, hips and spine) are tense.
- fold in the knee area at right angles;
- Do not allow a straight foot (after all, then the blow from the knee joint is transmitted to the pulse above, right up to the head);
- Do not voy hips.
- when touched the Earth's Earth under the center of gravity of the body, and not ahead or on the side;
- advance better on the sock, and not the heel;
- The outer edge is drunk a little bit down, and the thumb of the foot, respectively, is up.
There are many disputes among specialists, is harmless to running with the stood on the heel. We will not be categorical, but we note that opinions about the dangers are still much more.
It is necessary to step on the sock, since then the stop shock loads. And stepping the heel, you just stick into the ground. Plus you like a brand.
Alas, but many newcomers run, stepping on the heel, with a row on a sock. Thanks to special running sneakers, the negative impact of this can partially quench, especially if you run slowly and smoothly. But over time, this can lead to unpleasant sensations and injuries. Therefore, it is better to vote to a more correct and natural way for a person.
Nikolay Romanov and Kurt Brungardt in his book "Run faster, longer and without injuries" are offered to run barefoot. Stepping on the heel, you will immediately understand how it hurts and what is dangerous.
- do not slouch, do not clamp the shoulders;
- Place your shoulders, it will allow you to easily reveal and it will be easier to breathe;
- At the same time, do not lift the shoulders, and if the shoulders rise - shake hands and straighten your shoulders.
- Move along the body, as close as possible to the housing;
- The movement of hands-back, and not to the parties, which would increase the unnecessary squabble;
- hands bent at right angles in the elbow;
- When removing the hand forward, the brush rises slightly above the solar plexus, and when the hand is assigned a back, the brush does not fall below the belt;
- At the same time, the brushes do not intersect the central axis of the body;
- forearms are not tense;
- Brush relaxed, fist free and inelastic, thumb looks up (automatically elbows will go correctly);
- The faster you run, the more important work of the hands (in the sprint it is very important to work with your hands).
- Watch straight, parallel to the ground;
- You can lower my eyes, but not head;
- In order not to have a swing, you can follow the horizon line.
Breath and Pulse
How to breathe right during running
There is no consensus. There is a version at all that you need to breathe as convenient: the body itself is adjusted.
But more often provides recommendations on specific ways of breathing. They do not contradict, and complement each other:
- Rhythmic breath.
It is usually recommended to do in half a breath, on 1 - exhale. If so hard, you can try the proportion of 5: 2 or 4: 1. It is important for longer to be in the inhalation phase when the body is maximally stable. It lowers muscle fatigue.
- Deep breathing.
You need to exhale maximally to completely remove carbon dioxide from the body.
- Diaphragm breathing.
This is when, when inhaling the stomach is inflated, and when exhale blown out. So there will be more oxygen. In principle, the diaphragmal respiration is always useful, not only when running, and in life.
- Breathing with nose.
Opponents of this say that it is usually still not enough such breathing. Especially if there is the curvature of the nasal partition. But in cold weather it is really relevant, so the air is more warming up. You can still press the tip of the tutor, there will be an additional barrier for air warming.
That is, Ideally, breathe: deep, rhythmic and aperture, preferably a nose. :)
In any case, if you decide to start running, it is better to first focus on the technique of running and pulse, and then go to breathing issues.
Pulse during running
If you are not an athlete, and run for yourself, then cardiography should pass in the pulse range from 60% to 80% of the maximum.
The easiest, classic method for determining the maximum pulse: 220 minus age. That is, if you are 35 years old, your maximum pulse is 185 beats per minute. 60-80% for average man 30-40 years old - this is 110-150 beats per minute.
Typically, a pulse of 120-130 beats is considered optimal for energies for most runners per minute. Full beginners in running better to focus on the lower values of the range for their age, that is, no more than 110-120 beats per minute.
Training Below this range will not bring noticeable benefits, and above - can harm. And if the pulse grows more, you need to temporarily move a step, even if there are forces to continue running. Having restraining itself now, you simultaneously reduce risks with your heart, and lay the right base for the growth of your training.
There is still a carvonen formula for determining the pulse based on the intensity value. But it is rather relevant for more experienced runners.
The overall endurance is trained on a pulse of 120-130 beats per minute.
Measure the pulse during the run can be pulsometers. At the same time, breastplate meals are much more accurate.
How to choose the rate of running
What is the rate of running
For each person and his physical condition, its rapid pace is optimal. The ramp of the run is measured in minutes per kilometer. This is the opposite from the middle speed of the run (km / h).
The rate of running is more convenient to apply in practice than speed. It is easy to determine the current indicators of the distance. If you run 2 km in 12 minutes, then the running pace is 6 minutes / km. It is also easy to predict the end result: if you run another 3 km, then when saving the pace, you run all 5 km in 30 minutes.
You can follow your tempo as using only hours (if you are running around the stadium or other distances marked) and with the help of special gadgets - fitness trackers, fitness bracelets, sports hours, applications on the phone.
How fast you are running, is determined by the length of your step and the frequency of steps. The length of the step for each person is its own, and depends not only on its growth and body structure. Simplified step length is often determined by the formula: height x 0.65.
This is for running at an average pace. For the sprint, the step will be longer, and for the marathon - shorter.
But much more important is the concept of "Cadence" - this is the number of steps per minute. For the growth of the speed of running, the Cadence is important.
Many newcomers make long steps with a little Cadence. And the opposite is needed: focus on how often you are doing steps, and not what length.
"Classic" Cadence is 180 steps per minute. Simple runners run just and should strive for it. Usually they have CADENS 160-170 or less. Increasing Cadence, it is necessary to gradually, on a little bit.
Another argument in favor of High Cadence: Specialists believe that the risk of injury is so noticeably reduced. As less than the time spent in the air, then less and load on your knees and hips.
Measure Cadence during running will help:
- Sports hours or bracelets with such a function;
- metronome application on phone;
- Music with a specific pace (BEATS PER MINUTE - BPM).
The growth of Cadence directly affects the reduction of the contact of the foot with the Earth. In 2012, there was a study of the US athletic team in front of the Olympiad. And the result was better not at the athlete with a maximum of all Cadnez, and who had the smallest time to contact the feet with the Earth. That is, he very quickly broke his legs from the ground.
To achieve this, give such advice: run as if on coal.
Why need to keep a uniform pace
When running, like any other load, lactate is produced in the body - by-products of carbohydrate metabolism. When you run in an optimal pace for you, lactate concentration is maintained at a normal level.
That is, you can run and slower, but then you will not get a noticeable training effect. And if you run faster, you will quickly exhale, and the next part of the distance runs slower than could. As a result, you finish the distance with time worse or coming to it at all.
This happens, since from a certain moment, the body does not cope with the growth of the load, does not have time to remove lactate and it accumulates. The load on the muscles is too big, they are screened. Because of this, health is reduced, it becomes harder to run.
This moment is called an anaerobic threshold (anaerobic exchange threshold, Pano). The values of the anaerobic threshold, like the pulse, are individual. But during the workouts, you can increase your anaerobic threshold.
The key to the successful passage of the distance is a uniform pace.
Pano can be defined quite accurately. With sports laboratories, you can undergo special testing with a gas analyzer and blood test to lactate. Additionally, other important indicators for runner will be identified - for example, the maximum oxygen consumption (VO2 MAX).
If you have hard to run and you have pain in my side, it speaks about the muscle spa diaphragm due to lack of air. You took too much pace, you need to run slower.
How to start to run novice
It is important to choose the right amount, duration and intensity of your running workouts.
- Quantity - no more than 3 times a week.
No need to run every day. Even professional athletes do not do that. Newbies are enough 2-3 times a week. Of course, not in a row.
- Duration - run from 20 minutes to 1 hour.
Some specialists advise Cardio for at least 30 minutes so that the training session had any effect. Others write that enough and 10-15 minutes.
There is an opinion and about 20 minutes, and since it is just the average, then we recommend it. This is time taking into account the transitions to step, if you need it to reduce the pulse.
But gradually raise the time of workouts up to 40-60 minutes. Gradually - adding this 2-5 minutes to the next training session. When you get to 1 hour (or less, if hard) - you can start jogging again from 20 minutes, but already in a slightly faster pace.
If you want to lose weight - the duration of the workout is all the more important. To do this, it is better to run slowly 1 hour than a relatively fast 20 minutes. Yes, and the sutures during the run begin to burn not immediately.
- Intensity, that is, speed is comfortable for you.
To be not easy, but also easy. Often give such a recommendation: when running should be convenient to speak. If it is hard to speak, you have taken too much pace for yourself. That is, ideally, you must try to run on the verge, when you still comfortably, but a little accelerating - no longer.
Above writing about the pulse - 110-130 beats per minute.
If hard, do not hesitate to go to step. For some newbies, such transitions are rather normal if the pulse comes out of the desired pulse zone. Or initially you need to run slower.
Dog the pace if you feel the lack of breathing. Do not allow states when rolling into the side or want to fall to the ground. It will not bring any benefit.
When running with an inappropriate pace and pulse above the suitable cardiovascular system is not coping with such a load, which carries its risks for the body. Such long-term loads on a high pulse are not beneficial, but harm. Especially unprepared beginners.
Therefore, it is important for the first time to run on a low pulse. This will give the necessary addiction to the heart, optimizing the work of myocardium. The shock volume will grow, and the heart rate is reduced.
The essence of the benefit and training effect from running, that you repel from your current features - and gradually, smoothly and constantly increase them.
The most important rule is to increase the load gradually.
It is useful to start conducting a training diary. Check the date, distance, pace.
You can join group training. There are not only paid groups, but also free or for the subway. At a minimum, communication with like-minded people will add motivation beginners.
But there is not much attention to each student there. Therefore, if you want to learn how the running technique is running, it is better to take several individual training from a good coach. He will explain the foundation for what to pay attention will be a training program. And then you will do it yourself. In the end, it will be better and cheaper than running in the group.
On Saturdays in many parks of Moscow and St. Petersburg are being held free Parkrun.
With the increasing experience of the runner, the number, duration and intensity of workouts increases. But it's better not more than 4 training a week.
Ways to diversify loads:
- Conduct interval training.
This is when alternates running and rest. You can do both sprints and jogging for a few minutes. Rest should be at least running time.
- Use lifts and descents.
Well suited for uniform load on all muscle groups.
- Use weightlifiers (belt, backpack, or wrist and legs).
It is also necessary to add strength training. This will allow running better and more efficient, and also reduce the risk of injury when running. Not to mention other positive effects that are not associated with running.
In general, it is important to develop all the qualities: not only endurance and speed, but also strength, forceful endurance, dexterity and flexibility.
Preparation for run.
When it is better to run
Answer: When convenient. In the modern rhythm of life, it is not easy to find free time. Therefore, it is better to highlight exactly when you just can run. What not to run, giving out optimal time. :)
Moreover, there is also no consensus. A little more opinions in favor of the morning: the work of the cardiovascular system is activated and the well-being for all day increases. The disadvantage of the evening is called a bad effect on sleep. Therefore, it is recommended to run no later than 2 hours before sleep.
But there are no single standards for all, biorhythms for all people are individual. There are only some common trends that may be incorrect for you.
All people are different - look for optimal time. And better run into any.
You can run in any weather. Do not forget to dress accordingly. And in sunny weather, avoid a thermal impact.
Where better to run
It is always better to run on the natural surface - the earth or soil. It gives additional depreciation, so easier to bundles and joints. On asphalt run worse, it is not always noticeable immediately, but the effect will accumulate and can get sick anything.
It is more useful to run in the parks, near the water bodies. The farther from emissions of cars and more than greenery - the better. Of course, it is convenient if the park has near the house. But even if not, just find the most suitable tracks. It is desirable that there are less intersections with active roads and traffic lights.
In some courtyards there are school stadiums with a babes. This is a good substitute for natural soil. Please note that schools have their own schedule - usually from 9 am and up to 15 hours, schoolchildren and the entrance is prohibited.
If you run in a fitness club - a good ventilation system is important.
By the way, a lot of disputes, how good the treadmill is useful in the hall. In the study from the authoritative resource, PubMed states that the nature of the movements along the treadmill is very similar to the usual run. We also note that on a running simulator usually above Cadence, which means less chances to get injured.
As a child, most of us ran in ordinary sneakers or kids - and nothing. So do you need special running shoes - or is it a deception of marketers to increase sales?
Unambiguously we can say that special shoes for running will be more necessary if:
- run a lot;
- run on asphalt, not land or stadium;
- Body body weight;
- bad technique running;
- Even without all this, pain occurs when running in ordinary shoes.
What gives special running shoes? More good shock absorption on the foot and heel.
It is worth doing fitting in the evening, since in the evening our stop increases. Cut the fingers - should not be closely, you do not need to count that the shoes "saming the one". When touching the foot with the surface during running, it will also increase.
If you still decided to run in ordinary sneakers, it's better to:
- The top and the sole begged well;
- There was good ventilation, "breathable properties."
Workout before running
Workout is needed to reduce injuries. It is enough to 10-15 minutes for heating muscles and joints. It is necessary to qualitatively prepare muscles and bundles to run.
Mandatory stretching, better dynamic. Static some are considered harmful. At least, to make it long before running probably not worth it.
Mahi legs, squats, lunges fit better. Take the slopes and turns of the body. Scroll the ankle. Journal with a high knee lifting or drowning the leg, you can run on the spot. That is, you need to brighten, bend and disperse as many large body joints.
If it is necessary to run, it is better to unfold: slowly run a small part of the distance.
Zaminka after running
But after running just better to make a static stretching, stretching. That is, we accept the position and hold it 30-60 seconds. These are twine and half-hiking, different slopes of the body of these positions.
My Fascial Release (IFR) is useful. Moreover, self-massage with foam rolls, like stretching, is not prevention from injuries, but a restoration method.
Additionally: the contrasting souls will increase the vigor after jogging.
Food before or after running
Some tips on the Internet are touched. For example, "drink 4 hours before running water" - and then all 4 hours do not drink anything at all and is not there? We are not pranoedy.
Or: "When running in the morning - an empty stomach of a glass of water for an hour" - i.e. We got up in the morning, drank water, eat anything and do not drink anything, then run ... and then in the shower, eat and work? What time to get up then? ..
Therefore, do how it is more convenient for you. Focus on your feelings. Of course, there are general advice that will be suitable for almost everyone. Because it is so for the feelings of most and it will be.
About me to run:
- Do not run on the full stomach. They say a minimum of 30 minutes after breakfast and 2-3 hours after dinner - but repeat: see yourself. Depends on the quantity and type of food, plus individual sensations.
- Run in the morning on an empty stomach - good for weight loss. In another time, it is not advised, but everything again depends on the personally of your goals and features of the body.
- 15-30 minutes before the run to eat something like a banana or analogue of calories.
About drinking during running:
- If the run lasts more than an hour (some are called 30 minutes), you need to drink in the process. The liquid dilutes the blood and the heart is easier to pump it.
- You need to drink slightly, small sips.
- Drink better isotonic, at the rate of about 0.5 liters per hour. This is a drink with carbohydrates, contains electrolytes - sodium and potassium. Isotonic sold in sports stores, sometimes in supermarkets. You can also do them yourself - there are many recipes on the Internet.
- Avoid dehydration. Typically, it is called the loss of more than 3% of the body weight.
In general, on the recommendations of the International Marathon Association of Medical Directors need to drink only when you feel thirst. It used to be thought that you need to drink with a margin, no matter how "ahead of thirst". But, according to Dr. James Winger, it is unscientific and risky (Winger Jm, Dugas JP, Dugas LR. Beliefs About Hydration and Physiology Drive Drinking Behaviouurs in Runners. Br j Sports Med. 2011).
In principle, a special contradiction with the previously said editing of Fitnesstop does not see here. For the hour of running almost everyone wants a little liquid.
When running, we lose energy, liquid and macroelements - magnesium, sodium, potassium and calcium. Therefore, immediately after running is also very useful isotonic. You can compote or juice. And do not forget to eat, especially if you do not need to lose weight. :)
How to avoid injuries while running
Most injuries and stretching are due to improper technology. Sometimes - due to poor workout or accumulated overwork.
Many stop the classes run due to injuries. But it is better to avoid them in advance.
The first step towards this is - before the start of classes run to check the doctor. Who is exactly worth doing:
- Who decided to run a half-marathon or marathon;
- far from sports people;
- people with elevated weight;
- people over 40 years old;
- People with any diseases.
Can reveal both minor problems and contraindications. With the first competent doctor will give recommendations to pay attention to. Often some insufficiently good indicators may come back in the course of workouts and a healthy lifestyle.
But there are also contraindications for running or serious limitations: ischemic heart disease, aggravation of ulcers or gastritis, venous thrombosis, hypertension, anemia, serious injuries of the knee joint, varicose veins. The seriousness of the problem will determine only the tests and the doctor. For example, with varicose veins, phlebologist can write special socks. It all depends on a particular person.
Do not rely on maybe. And then begin to run for health - but only harming.
Sometimes there may be recommended other cardiotranslations - bike, skiing, rowing, swimming. In fitness clubs, now there are often appropriate simulators - exercise bikes, ellipses, step-platforms, and rowing and ski simulators, popular with crossfooters.
Finally, you can go scandinavian walking with sticks or walking to a slide or on the stairs.
What can appear after run and what to do about it:
Wear suitable clothes, erase it with soft means - by itself, after each workout. Use sports lubricants or baby powders, more drink.
Consult your doctor, use ointments and drugs.
- Downed nails and corns.
Wear the right sneakers and socks, buy orthopedic insoles. Also strengthen the foot and improve the technique run.
- Pains in the knees.
If you just started running, then 1-2 days after the first workouts are rather normal. Especially if the distance for you was long or you ran through asphalt.
Here can also influence the shoes, poor running technique, poor tolerance of asphalt coatings, the weak state of the body. But if it hurts for several days, at night - of course, you need to figure out in detail for what to go to the doctor.
By itself, the running does not harm the knee joints - only if not to warm up and run completely without technology. Especially if there are already damage.
Now popular kinesiotapprovacy. It is not possible to avoid injury, it does not yet be proven to its research. But for recovery can be a positive effect.
- General overwork.
Do not fulfill overtraining - do not run every day and long distance for you. Do sufficient breaks for recovery. In any form of fitness, it is important to properly dispense load and rest.
Some signs that it is time to relax from the run:
- Changing the pulse frequency alone - above or below (overtraining);
- Muscle pain for more than 3 days;
- permanent thirst;
- The dark color of urine, which indicates a violation of the liquid balance;
- sleep disorders;
- Frequent colds.
Check list for correct running
- Decide with the motivation and reasons for running for you. This will affect accents in training.
- It is better not to try to introduce all the advice on the technique of running from this article or video, but first to master something one.
- The most important thing from the technique is the slope of the whole body and the correct leggings under the center of gravity.
- When running it is better to breathe deeply, rhythmic and aperture. It does not work - breathe as convenient.
- Run in your pulse zone. Most often it is 120-130 beats per minute.
- When running, it is important to keep a uniform pace, that is, to run at the same speed.
- Watch out for Cadene: Try to take steps more often.
- 3 workouts per week - optimally for the majority. But if you still have a fitness in the hall, then the maximum of 3-4 in the aggregate.
- Running time is better from 20 minutes, gradually increasing. Novice - no more than an hour.
- No need to run to exhaustion - in terms of speed or quantity. Run in a relatively comfortable pace. The training effect will be no worse.
- Increase the loads (time, pace, special interval type training) gradually, slightly.
- There is no optimal time or place for running. Excel from what is, adjust how convenient to you in order not to lose motivation.
- Special running shoes are most likely better than ordinary sneakers, but not critical.
- Be sure to warm up, better than dynamic stretching. And the hitch will not hurt.
- Drink water or isotonic sensations, there are no scientifically proven facts when it is more correct.
- Most injuries when running due to improper technology, less often - poor warm-up or overall overwork.
- In some cases, before the start of workouts, it is worth checking for doctors.
- The main benefits of running is to improve cardiovascular and nervous systems, strengthening the body.
- Running is only a tool, and not the only one. If you have contraindications or simply do not like running - use other ways of cardiovascular.
- For weight loss, you need not to run, but create a calorie deficiency. But a little and run will help, especially if you run on an empty stomach.
- Do not forget about normal sleep and nutrition.
- Run like! Otherwise, what is the point of all starting to start?